Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

D'qwell Jackson??

TheREALJBird

I've been looking at draft boards and he's not even on any for the first round anymore. Do you think taking him in the 2nd if the opportunity came would be a good idea? he's 6'0 225, he played MLB but do you think he could be used as a tweener type as well? Please post your thoughts

Whose to say he couldn't play DE tho? He's got a ton of talent and I just mentioned his name to see what people thought

That's just crazy. Why would anyone use a second round pick on a 225 pound DE? I know Robert Mathis for the Colts is 235 and is piling up the sacks, but he was drafted in the fifth round. D'Qwell could end up being a very good linebacker in the NFL, but the skins don't need him. Seattle has a small MLB and Ian Gold of the Broncos plays outside and is only listed at 223.

Being a Maryland fan and watching this guy every game for four years, I can tell you this guy is an absolute stud of a football player. He's be a steal in the second round, but we don't really need a player like that right now. Unless we want him to replace Lavar and make him an OLB. We need a pass rusher with that pick, though.

The first time I saw this guy was at the UMD football camp. They showed us Jackson's highlights and I gotta admit the guy was a MONSTER in college. He dominated WAY more than Shawn Merriman(Current San Diego Charger) did on the Terp defense. If he puts on some weight he will be a great LB.

With that said, I think you are looking at the wrong Terp. If we need ANY Terp it would be Vernon Davis. He is a TE and he is amazing. If he somehow slips to the 2nd round, which imo is possible. we need to go after him. He was the Terps ONLY consistant offense this year imo. He is that middle of the field threat our offense has been missing.

With that said, I think you are looking at the wrong Terp. If we need ANY Terp it would be Vernon Davis. He is a TE and he is amazing. If he somehow slips to the 2nd round, which imo is possible.

While I agree the Duke would be awesome for the Skins, there is no way he lasts past top 15. Once the combine starts his stock will skyrocket.

Archived