Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

At this point, who won in the Campbell trade?

Sunburn

Redskins got:

- 2005 1st Round Draft Pick #25 (Jason Campbell)

Broncos got:

- 2005 3rd Round Draft Pick #75 (Karl Paymah)

- 2006 1st Round Draft Pick (Yet to be determined)

- 2006 4th Round Draft Pick (Yet to be determined)

You think we've won enough, moving farther down the draft, to say that this was a success?

What if we had to draft a QB this year?...we wouldn't get anyone decent at pick 20+. Plus Campbell has had a year to learn the system. What was done was done for the long term benefit of the team...we won regardless of what Denver does with the pick. We got our #1 pick early.

Redskins got:

- 2005 1st Round Draft Pick #25 (Jason Campbell)

Broncos got:

- 2005 3rd Round Draft Pick #75 (Karl Paymah)

- 2006 1st Round Draft Pick (Yet to be determined)

- 2006 4th Round Draft Pick (Yet to be determined)

You think we've won enough, moving farther down the draft, to say that this was a success?

I've been waiting for someone to use that formula that assigns values to picks to say mathematically which side is ahead. Anybody?

I think the only thing you can say is that Denver probably thought that pick would be a little higher, amybe even top 10 if it broke right for them. Still, I don't think it was a terrible risk on their part.

As said above, impossible to judge at this point and will be impossible to judge until we know whether Campbell can cut it in this league.

What I liked about the trade from a Redskins point of view is that if you are going to take a QB you like to develop him and let him watch at first (in an ideal situation) and Campbell now has a year of pro coaching under his belt. Considering that is what we have for a pick yet to be spent, the value in the trade was to get that a year early 9if that makes any sense).

Also, compare it to what the Bills gave up to get Losman a few years back and I think it still looks good at this point.

Archived