Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Some stats that might explain Cris Carter's bitterness

Art Monk 4 HOF

I decided to look up some stats on our boy Cris Carter to see if there is a reason he has such angst for us.

In his career, Carter's team went 4-6 against the Redskins. Against Joe Gibbs' Redskins teams, he was 2-6 and 0-1 in the playoffs. Speaking of the playoffs, I wouldn't worry much about Carter's playoff predictions, seeing that his teams combined for a 4-10 record in the postseason. Additionally, he lost the first six playoff games he played in. This toolbag has no clue what makes a good team.

I don't care if people pick us to win or pick us to lose. After midway through the season I stopped caring what any one on TVs opinion was. Fact is most of them were against us and then started bandwagon hopping. I remember when we faced the Cowboys the second time no one, and I mean no one out of all the pre/post game show people in the nation except for Boomer Esiason picked us to win. And we won any way. Then when I saw one of those same guys jump on the bandwagon the next week, I just fanned my hands at them on the TV and said they don't matter. Because they don't.

We went out and won that game any way as well.

The only opinions that matter are the the Redskins players & coaches, their family, and their true fans. If they believe they can do it, then they can. The only thing that really matters is that the players go out there and play hard, play smart, and lay it all on the line and execute to win.

Don't listen to those behind a desk & TV camera because most of the time they are just a bunch of morons with a premadonna job and a worthless personal opinion.

Actually, I think Chris Carter has done what most people did before and throughout most of the season, doubt us because our record was not good. We just happened to peak later than most..We were inconsistant throughout the year. The Redskins knew it, hence the breakthrough the last 5 games. I am just looking forward to watching Chris dress up like a Hog on, Inside the NFL, as he is suppose to do this week since the Redskins are in the playoffs. Go SKINS!

Archived