Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2006 Opponents

rtbasye

Dates to be determined

Home: Dallas, N.Y. Giants, Philadelphia, Atlanta, Carolina, Jacksonville, Tennessee, Minnesota

Away: Dallas, N.Y. Giants, Philadelphia, New Orleans, Tampa Bay, Houston, Indianapolis, St. Louis

It won't get any easier!

Dates to be determined

Home: Dallas, N.Y. Giants, Philadelphia, Atlanta, Carolina, Jacksonville, Tennessee, Minnesota

Away: Dallas, N.Y. Giants, Philadelphia, New Orleans, Tampa Bay, Houston, Indianapolis, St. Louis

It won't get any easier!

I don't know. That is four teams with brand new coaches.

I like this schedule.

I would like a weaker division to play than the NFC South, but having those potentially tough games (Atlanta, Carolina, Jacksonville, Minnesota) at home is huge.

Indy and Tampa are going to be tough on the road.

But yes, I agree it doesn't get much better.

Dates to be determined

It won't get any easier!

well, its a mixed bag. lets assume (not limit, but hopefully assume) the skins go 4-2 in the division. i can see six wins as new orleans, houston, tenn, st. louis, atlanta, and minnesota, putting us at 10-6.

how are the other 10 games decided?

i know the 4 games against one division are rotated (afc west this year, south next year) and 3 are vs the other 2nd place teams in the nfc, but what about the last 3?

6 division games

4 games against an nfc division

4 games against an afc division

2 games against randomized opponents

Dates to be determined

It won't get any easier!

don't laugh but i think it is possible that we go 14-2 (if we play like we did during that winning streak) with our losses coming against the Giants and Carolina.

We will go 3-0 vs. our division opponents at home

We will beat JAX at home (especially if it is in December) because this warm-weather Florida team won't beat us at home.

We will beat Minny at home because this is their first year under a new coach.

We will beat Atlanta at home because we will rape Vick like we did in that preseason game last year.

We will beat Tennessee at home because they are still rebuilding.

We will lose to Carolina just because they have our number.

We are going to lose to the G-men away.

We are hopefully going to beat Philly and Dallas away.

We will beat New Orleans away.

We will beat Tampa Bay away.

Houston (Sean Taylor gives Reggie Bush the hit of a lifetime) and St. Louis should be easy wins especially because those two teams will have new head coaches.

We will beat Indy away because I think they are losing some key players in the offseason.

Dates to be determined

It won't get any easier!

Wow, we play at 3 Dome Teams: NO, Indy, Rams. :dallasuck

Anyone else get the feeling that away game in tampa next year will be a monday nighter?

The Bucs have a lot of good home games in 06 (Seattle, Philly, Cinci, ATL and Carolina)...but I think the Bucs will have at least 2 MNF games next year considering we didnt get 1 night game this year.

But I would def. like to see the Skins game on MNF...I could see a small rivalry ensuing similar to the rivalry that the Bucs have with the Rams.

Eh.. could be worse. The AFC South is a good division to play I think. Houston and Tenn arent very good and I think Jax is a little overrated because of that. Minnesota and St. Louis arent bad extras. NFC South is tough, but still easier than the AFC West.

Of course all this could (and probably will) change before next year, but as of now its not that bad.

No arizona? No niners? they must have decided this years schedule was too easy...but that isnt all that disappointing

Actually they decide opponents years in advance. I have a book that has the opponents up to 2009 I believe, I'll have to do some digging and find it.

I like the fact that our road sched. isn't too bad (with the exception of Indy) and we are getting the tougher teams at home.

Actually they decide opponents years in advance. I have a book that has the opponents up to 2009 I believe, I'll have to do some digging and find it.

Hmmm quite interesting,i would like to see the New orleans schedule as well...if they plan that far ahead its pretty odd,but it is a good point you make

Hmmm quite interesting,i would like to see the New orleans schedule as well...if they plan that far ahead its pretty odd,but it is a good point you make

This is straight from NFL.com on how the schedule is made up:

Home and away against its three division opponents (6 games).

The four teams from another division within its conference on a rotating three-year cycle (4 games).

The four teams from a division in the other conference on a rotating four-year cycle (4 games).

Two intraconference games based on the prior year’s standings (2 games). These games match a first-place team against the first-place teams in the two same-conference divisions the team is not scheduled to play that season. The second-place, third-place, and fourth-place teams in a conference are matched in the same way each year.

here is the link if you want to read more:

http://www.nfl.com/schedules/tv/2006_opponents

Archived