Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CBS Sportsline power rankings...

nneece

Jacksonville 4th is a joke considering the cake walk of a schedule they had - and they barely beat those teams. They beat SF by 1 point. No way Jacksonville goes anywhere - they have NO fanbase (aren't most of their games blacked out) and I would never rely on fragile freddy at rb.

The foxsports ratings make the most sense to me. I've followed it all year, and even when we sucked, we were still ranked high. Now it all evens out. Our schedule was brutal this year, and we have wins against good, playoff bound teams. I think that Tampa Bay has no chance this weekend. None. Watch Gibb's in his interviews. He's focused. And our guys are focused. 11th? Pfft to that. Cowpie-loving Dr Y has us rated low as well. Makes it all so much sweeter when we win.

This is actually a good thing. I hope everybody sees this and thinks the Redskins will be out early. The less attention the team gets from the media, the better.

Nice sig!

But after beating the Bucs it will only take a win in Seattle for them to wake up. The thing is, the Bears and the Giants are not really that good. I mean, really. And its not like they have Gibbs on their sideline. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

What shocks me is how easily you think the Skin's are gonna beat the Buc's. I knew the Eagles would be a dog fight and it was. Plus we have injuries at key positions in our secondary. Simm's exploited it last time...yes I know ST was out, but our corner back's are really banged up. I think we struggle big time in this game and I am not sure we are going to pull it out. I would LOVE it but I am just looking at the Buc's who have Cadillac back, and we lost even when they did not have him. He is running better and we are know to give up big run plays even when we win.

And I just don't like what that second string QB for Philadelphia did to our secondary last week, nor did I like our first meeting with TB when Simm's did essentially the same thing. Thankfully our D did make the scrub QB for Philadelphia make errors which led to our win...early in the 4th quarter, but for 3/4 's of the game I thought we might lost to a 5-10 team. I just do not think our D looked sharp. And it is due to injuries IMO.

What shocks me is how easily you think the Skin's are gonna beat the Buc's. I knew the Eagles would be a dog fight and it was. Plus we have injuries at key positions in our secondary. Simm's exploited it last time...yes I know ST was out, but our corner back's are really banged up. I think we struggle big time in this game and I am not sure we are going to pull it out. I would LOVE it but I am just looking at the Buc's who have Cadillac back, and we lost even when they did not have him. He is running better and we are know to give up big run plays even when we win.

And I just don't like what that second string QB for Philadelphia did to our secondary last week, nor did I like our first meeting with TB when Simm's did essentially the same thing. Thankfully our D did make the scrub QB for Philadelphia make errors which led to our win...early in the 4th quarter, but for 3/4 's of the game I thought we might lost to a 5-10 team. I just do not think our D looked sharp. And it is due to injuries IMO.

Philly was a 6-9 team. At home they gave us a nice fight and played hard. On the road a 3-win Saints team gave the Bucs every bit the same push, outplaying Tampa for the most part for three quarters. If you're worried about our game in Philly, that's ok, but, you then need to be MORE worried about the Bucs because they played a terrible team and did little enough.

Yet, both teams won by double digits.

The Bucs had Williams first time we played them. He'd been back and healthy for two games before we played them. Just because we stoned him doesn't mean he's now more healthy and ready to go. We're a better team than Tampa overall. How serious our injuries are is a concern though. It may even things out.

A wise man once said "You play to win the game". We found a way to win the game and quite frankly that is all that matters. Winning five in a row is no joke especially in the NFL.

Jacksonville is 12-2 over non-Indianapolis teams including wins at Pittsburgh and vs Cincinatti and Seattle. Regardless of the rest of their schedule, you have to give them some credit for that

I'm not sure why I'm wasting my breath on this, I know it is bogus. But it's 3 am and I can't sleep, so... Here they are: http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/powerrankings

The Redskins are ranked 11th, 2 spots in front of the Cowboys. WTF? Tampa is ranked 7th and Jacksonville 4th. Jacksonville 4th, has this guy been smokin' crack?

I would LOVE it but I am just looking at the Buc's who have Cadillac back, and we lost even when they did not have him. He is running better and we are know to give up big run plays even when we win.

I liked your whole negative quote. It was cute but I had to pull this one sentence out.

You didn't even watch the last game.

C Williams played against us and did nothing.

He ran 10 times for 20 yards.

If you had watched this game you would have known that.

Since you didn't and still chose to come here and run your mouth about what you did not see then you are not even worth responding to. I am just responding to your post because of how rediculous it is.

You should volunteer yourself for a special avatar just based on the ignorance in this post.

Fox Sports had their Playoff Power Rankings which showed the Redskins 4th. We were in pretty good company based on the the weeks leading up to the playoffs. They did add the disclaimer that several teams were gliding into the playoffs so the numbers are skewed toward those teams that were playing their butts off (insert Redskins here!). I think it will be a hard fought game but Gibbs will lead us to victory! BTW, the Bucs were ranked 12th!!

they should of ranked us 32'nd in the NFL, or 12th in the playoffs, for the game this week. Get them boys more fired up than they already are with a bigger chip on their shoulder than they already have and PUNISH the bucs. Id love to see the defense playing with an attitude Sat.

I like the #11 ranking, we have the worst record in the playoffs and we wound up ahead of the panthers who lost to dallas after we straight up whooped Dallas... but Carolina straight up whooped atlanta so w/e, the Bucs are a good team and we shouldn't take them lightly, but I like us ranked the underdog, Gibbs likes being the underdog, it makes us fight harder and our opponents take us lighter. I also like what they said about us, our team is built for the playoffs, how can anyone argue with that... Jacksonville had a cakewalk schedule, but they also hac to play Indy twice and did have those wins over other playoff teams, but we also had wins over playoff teams which could have had us ranked higher, we beat seattle, chicago, and NY, but we also lost to some playoff teams and some really pisspoor non playoff teams (da raiders) so I can easily see our ranking where it is, if we had won all the games we were supposed to win then we would be ranked just as high or higher.

Jacksonville did what good teams do, they won the games they were supposed to, just cause their schedule was easier than ours doesn't mean that their team is bad.

Philly was a 6-9 team. At home they gave us a nice fight and played hard. On the road a 3-win Saints team gave the Bucs every bit the same push, outplaying Tampa for the most part for three quarters. If you're worried about our game in Philly, that's ok, but, you then need to be MORE worried about the Bucs because they played a terrible team and did little enough.

Yet, both teams won by double digits.

The Bucs had Williams first time we played them. He'd been back and healthy for two games before we played them. Just because we stoned him doesn't mean he's now more healthy and ready to go. We're a better team than Tampa overall. How serious our injuries are is a concern though. It may even things out.

I too have slight apprehension about boasting too much. I really see Simms/Galloway as their biggest threat to us, not the Cadillac. They put up 36 points last game.

It would be a great mistake to just dismiss the bucs. They are hungry too for a playoff win.

My personal opinion will be that it will be very similar to last week. We'll be on top when the clock hits 0:00.

:bucsuck:

Foxsports is really the only power rankings worth reading. Everyone else's is usually just a boring repetition of common wisdom combined with current records. They never bother to try to analyze and figure out who are really the strongest teams at the current, and you will never see them make a bold choice and go against common wisdom. You'd be just as good going to the NFL Standing and looking at the teams records and win streaks.

Jacksonville 4th is a joke considering the cake walk of a schedule they had - and they barely beat those teams. They beat SF by 1 point. No way Jacksonville goes anywhere - they have NO fanbase (aren't most of their games blacked out) and I would never rely on fragile freddy at rb.

I don't think so, any more.

They put a tarp over about 1,000 seats in each end zone to reduce the capacity of the stadium, so that they could "sell out" and avoid blackouts.

(Really sounds like a #4, doesn't it?)

Archived