Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jason Campbell & Lavar trade for a top pick this draft for leinhart or young...

Zazzaro703

He's just posting for fun. This is a discussion board. A Redskins discussion board. People are too quick to throw topics out the window. No one cares if you think the topic is stupid, let people who are interested respond. If you aren't interested, let it go. Some skins fans are turning into real dicks, or maybe there are just more dicks on the forum than there used to be.

Well, I certainly want him to have fun. I do care about the "stupid" stuff sometimes though, depending on the circumstances. Of course it's not a matter of "letting or not letting" for me, because like you I have no power over it, just thoughts I can post.

There are some excellent and specific reasons people protest the nature of many of the threads being singled out, that have nothing to do with the people doing so being dicks.

In fact, many people who advocate, or even make strongly-worded comments on such situations, happen to be exceptionally nice and tolerant people. For one thing, if people just respected things enough to read the rules when they got here it would make a big difference.

There's all kinds of public places you go to do stuff just for fun where everybody is invited but that still doesn't mean there's usually not some group dynamic or social norm that most responsible people conform to, at least somewhat, if they don’t want to face problems in their interactions with those other people. Think of times and situations in your life outside this particular scene, and see if you can picture yourself making similar comments to those you're objecting to here, in that different setting.

As has been said often here, reading Bang's Moron thread can show that with freedom to say anything you want on this site, a site that was developed by so much hard work for some pretty specific goals, might also come some social responsibility. See? That's not such a weird or dick-ish idea. Even if some posters get reprimanded a little harshly at times, it's usually after numerous polite protests go unheeded. Such feedback is not automatically mean, but it is natural and sometimes rough-edged. Remember puberty and social skills? :laugh:

There are usually repercussions to what you say or do anywhere you go. Why would anyone expect this place to have no norms or standards? People actually do get banned. Knowing a little of these matters, its hard for me to imagine anyone, unless they were raised like Tarzan, who isn’t hugely affected by, and participates in, social shaping. :)

And most people have certainly been irritated by other people to the point where they’ve spoken out, no matter how reasonable they are, so looking down your nose at someone just because you don't share their particular irritation can be hazardous to your integrity. People speaking out, even if they use sarcasm and kludging (sp?) are usually doing it for positive motives to the benefit of many, not to be dicks. And, I think, it’s the kind of thing more people want to do, but don’t like to stick their neck out, and many others are just unconcerned about either the quality of the site or how the larger group beyond their own viewpoint is affected. :2cents:

no way we moved up in the draft to draft campbell last year and gave up alot to do it ,wed just be giving up more for leinheart (who will prolly be a bust) and vince young who we dont know will be better then jason campbell cuz we never seen jason campbell play....JC is our qb of the future we are not gonna trade him thats stupid

Pretty much. Why trade up for Campbell so that we can package players to trade up for questionable QB's that are coming out this year or next.

I mean, you can be stupid yourself, but why try to bring Gibbs into your idiotic scheme that you dreamed up?

This is a great idea and an outstanding thread topic as well.

I also propose that we trade Taylor and Portis so that we can draft Reggie Bush. Lets try to get a couple of the USC cheerleaders on our squad. As long as the Redskins fill positions in the organization with personnel from the top two COLLEGE teams, the sky is the limit in the NFL.

:rolleyes:

I've passed by this thread four times and now I'm going to comment. I think Jason's completion percentage in college was 64% and so was Leinart's. Leinart had a good college career and could have went first overall in the NFL draft last year. Another thing going for him is that no USC QB has been a bust in the NFL. Campbell and Leinart are very similar. I wouldn't mind having Matt Leinart at all, but I know it's not reality. Jason Campbell is already groomed one year into the Redskins's offense and what's more is he hasn't even played one NFL down as of yet.

As far as LaVar Arrington goes, he's a good linebacker. If the Redskins do trade him(and I doubt if they will because of the salary cap restraints), they will get a veteran player or two for him because his trade value for a top 32 draft pick isn't that much. He's only been to three pro bowls in 6 seasons and we would get a two rounder for him at best.

Maybe what y'all really need is a Newbie Forum where folks can get their first 100 or so posts out of their system. I would guess most of the Madden-type trade posts are coming from people who are simply excited about the Skins and want to share their enthusiasm but at the same time are not familiar with this forum, don't realize that certain topics have been done to death.

The newbie forum--think of it as Extremeskins Europe.

I would be against such a big trade move like that, but ig we are gonna trade up in the draft to try get a good player, I have but two words here:

LenDale White

Get him instead. The thinking is that he will come out early, like Reggie Bush. Could you see this guy in a Joe Gibbs offense? Man, between him and Clinton Portis, we would have a monster ground game

Plus, if you did trade up to get him, you sure as hell wouldn't have to trade as much as BOTH Lavar Arrington AND Jason Campbell to make that kinda move, althought a good pass rushing DE or a good #2 WR with size are more pressing needs right now

I'm sorry, but thats just the dumbest trade I've seen suggested in a while!

You want us to trade a 3 time pro bowler and an first round QB who at least knows our offense for an unproven first round QB (Ryan Leaf / Heath Shuler / etc...) ? Its like you don't just want to mess up one side of the ball, you want to hinder both our offense and our defense. And what makes it even more funny is that Campbell has the prototype of a QB who thrived in Gibbs's system! But you just want to get the big name celebs?

Sorry, not gonna do it. BUt at least you're thinking outside the box so I've got to give you credit for that.

Archived