Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Shockey/Pierce don't sound like they care to play?

moondog

http://www.superbowl.com/news/story/9144075

Shockey:

"I'm definitely not 100 percent," Shockey said before taking part in individual drills with his left ankle heavily taped. "We'll just see how it goes this week. I'm going to do a little bit today and hopefully a little more tomorrow and keep building it up."

"There was no way I could have played last week," he said. "I could barely walk. It was a legitimate injury and that's why I didn't play."

Pierce:

"When the cast comes off I can walk on it," he said. "How much pressure I can put on it and how much pain I can tolerate, you never know until you're actually out there banging against 300-pound guys."

"This is probably worse than most people think," he said. "It's the kind of injury you just have to be patient with and hopefully it won't affect your longevity. Hopefully we can win a couple of games and I'll be back."

I always liked both of these guys but it sounds to me like they are both complaining about their injuries and more worried about themselves and that everyone knows how hurt they are rather than helping their team at any cost.

I just can't see any of our boys complaining like that. When they are injured they talk about toughing it out or "I'm definately playing this next week" instead of "people don't realize how bad this hurts." We all know you can't play in a boot guys but dont wine about the pain. Hell even TO came back as soon as possible without complaining and possibly jeopardized his career in hopes of helping his team win the super bowl. :cry: :handicap:

Anyone else share my opinion?

Yeah...I see what you mean. I wonder how much of that defensive attitude is aimed at a coach who presses them to play through injuries?

Williams is very vocal about how if his players are not 100%, then there are others who are...I think that is unique amongst coaches, though it is harder to have that attitude on offense...

Ya it's hard to hate pierce. I'm not sure how long he's been out but they are gonna need him too much against carolina...i dont think they can win without him i almost feel bad for him. Shockey's a big baby though

I usually dont hate Redskins when they go to different teams but I do hate AP. I hated the fact he went to the GMen, I hated the fact that he tipped the GMen off to our offense when he was one of US last year. The dude had absolutely no loyalty to us. Screw AP, he is a douche. Shockey is a big baby, no doubt but atleast hes not a traitor.

shockey needs to go to the local store and pick up some vagasil. hes always complaining of little injuries that seem to sideline him for weeks at a time.

:rotflmao: haha ya he's been that way since his rookie year...i think he's always been bother by his ankle so i'm not really gonna say anything about how bad his injury is...obviously he's got one but i mean come on your team is in the playoffs and that's your attitude. Even if you can't play you gotta be positive and help yourself out.

I usually dont hate Redskins when they go to different teams but I do hate AP. I hated the fact he went to the GMen, I hated the fact that he tipped the GMen off to our offense when he was one of US last year. The dude had absolutely no loyalty to us. Screw AP, he is a douche. Shockey is a big baby, no doubt but atleast hes not a traitor.

I'm with ya on this one brother. AP Had a chance to be a part of 1 of the elite Defenses in the NFL and went to play for a division rival..screw him....Hail to L. Marshall

Archived