Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Tentative 2nd Round Schedule: Bucs-skins winner to open next weekend playoffs

Rdskns2000

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/2006-01-03-second-round-schedule_x.htm

>>Winner of 'Skins-Bucs game will open second round of playoffs

NEW YORK (AP) — If the Washington Redskins beat Tampa Bay on Sunday in an NFC wild-card game, they will open the second round of the playoffs at Seattle on Saturday, Jan. 14.

If the Bucs win that game, they will open that round at Chicago that day.

The NFL announced its tentative plans for second-round games on Tuesday, based on potential results of first-round games.

The Washington-Seattle or Tampa Bay-Chicago games would begin at 4:30 p.m. ET on Jan. 14 to be followed by a game in Denver to begin at 8 p.m. ET. The Broncos can play either Cincinnati, which is home on Sunday to Pittsburgh or the winner of the Jacksonville-New England game, to be played Saturday night in Foxboro, Mass.

Indianapolis, the top-seeded team in the AFC, will be home at 1 p.m. on Sunday, Jan. 15. The Colts will play Pittsburgh if it wins in Cincinnati or the winner of the Patriots-Jaguars game.

If Tampa Bay beats Washington, the second game Sunday will be in Seattle, where the NFC's top-seeded team will meet the winner of this week's game between Carolina and the New York Giants. If Washington wins in Tampa, the Panthers-Giants winner will play in Chicago in that late Sunday game.

The AFC games will be televised by CBS. The NFC games will be on Fox.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Copyright 2005 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. <<<

So if we win- we will play the same time and day, the following week.

Guest ComebackKing

Very helpful post.

From a Redskins viewpoint I would rather play Seattle than Chicago. I think we matchup better vs the Seattle Running game and that Chicago D..... *Shudders*

I can't believe CBS has Denver locked into the game Saturday night.

If Cincy beats Pittsburgh, what game would be better than an 8 PM national audience game?

Cincy at Denver, or New England at Indy?

All I know, is that my next 2 saturdays are booked solid at 4:30 each day.......

Archived