Sarge

Who do you pick to win?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you pick to win?

• Texas
    • USC

On the 'Christmas' controversy, Letterman says

"People like you are trying to make us think that this is a threat"

Go Letterman. I am so sick of Oreilly's inflamatory journalism... same goes for the left.

Also... anyone notice OReilly drank out of the coffee mug that Letterman stirred with his pencil before he went out there? :laugh: :owned:

BTW, thanks for posting this Sarge, I saw a blurb about this when I was at dinner tonight but I couldn't hear what they were saying.

OReilly completely owned him. It's nice to see the guy have to resort to liberal talking points when the going gets tough. :laugh:

Letterman came off as a total buffoon. He admitted not ever watching O'Reilly's show, but then he can have an opinion of the show because he's "read stuff about it". What a freakin' moron.

And people think O'Reily won the debate? Letterman asked some tough questions, and O'Reily came out flat. his only defense is that Cindy Sheehan sides with the terrorists.

O'Reily should be able to wipe the floor with Letterman, but it is amazing how he never answered questions such as "how can you judge her, or say who she is if you haven't lost a son in the war?"

The "I'm not smart ehough to argue with you, but 60% of what you say is crap" was a classic :laugh:

OReilly completely owned him. It's nice to see the guy have to resort to liberal talking points when the going gets tough. :laugh:

How did O'Reily "own" him? Seriously, for 3/4ths of the interview O'Riley resorted to the rights talking points, and answered nothing Letterman asked. Such questions as

Why are we there?

The intelligence was Bush's, so shouldn;t the questions be asked?

And because the intelligence across the board was bad, that makes the it OK?

What did O'Reily do other then ask him about an example?

O'Reily should be able to wipe the floor with Letterman, but it is amazing how he never answered questions such as "how can you judge her, or say who she is if you haven't lost a son in the war?"

O'Reily is a blowhard, but Letterman avoided countering his argument about Sheehan's Iraqi "freedom fighters" remarks 2-3 times before finally giving an answer which was anything other than something to try and get applause from the audience.

leftists are perfect, cause they say they are

leftists own everyone, cause they say they do

Its really funny that the far leftists who vaunt themselves as intellectual super brains, would find lettermans performance anything other than empty and juvenile. It was against their nemisis, so I guess thats a good enough reason. Ends justifies the means right guys?

And people think O'Reily won the debate? Letterman asked some tough questions, and O'Reily came out flat. his only defense is that Cindy Sheehan sides with the terrorists.

The "I'm not smart ehough to argue with you, but 60% of what you say is crap" was a classic :laugh:

Once Letterman realized he was overmatched, his only defense was to cater to the lowest common denominator (clueless audience) and hope to drown O'Reilly out with applause to his replies which had little or no substance.

How did O'Reily "own" him? Seriously, for 3/4ths of the interview O'Riley resorted to the rights talking points, and answered nothing Letterman asked. Such questions as

Why are we there?

The intelligence was Bush's, so shouldn;t the questions be asked?

And because the intelligence across the board was bad, that makes the it OK?

What did O'Reily do other then ask him about an example?

:doh:

You cannot see through the fog of your hatred, otherwise it would be obvious to you that Letterman was out of his league. He was petty, immature, and uniformed. O'Reilly was calm, tried to debate the points while getting cut off by Letterman at every turn. Any time an interviewer cuts off the guest after every question, it's a clear sign that the interviewer knows he's out of his league. Even Liberty said Letterman looked stupid.

What YOU need to do is take a deep breath, take a step back, check your hatred at the door and re-watch the video. If you have a sane bone in your body, you will come to the same conclusion as the rest of us. Try it. Good luck and godspeed.

Letterman is a comedian and an entertainer. O'Reilly does serious political commentary for a living. Surprising, how hard some of you guys are working at deriding Letterman's political savvy. Makes me wonder what nerve he really hit.

Great point Burgold.

Letterman won as the better entertainer, and O'Reilly is clearly the superior journalist/pundit.

Letterman was excellent at getting the laughs and keeping people going, but had little to no response to actual issues. And admitted it. The Crap line was funny as hell. But that's all. It was funny, not a debate point.

2 differnet guys, with different agendas, arguing about who's agenda is better. Rather boring IMO (outside of the crap line).

I saw it and it was interesting. O'Reilly harped on the same points, and Letterman just got emotional about his responses. Not much of a debate as it was a heated interview. Letterman didn't counter anything Bill said, he just tried to ask tough questions, and O'Reilly didn't do the best job of selling his points. The only time I thought Bill owned him was when Letterman admitted to never watching his show, only reading things about it. Letterman obviously didn't do his homework, and pretty much lost the interview when he started to get emotional.

:doh:

You cannot see through the fog of your hatred, otherwise it would be obvious to you that Letterman was out of his league. He was petty, immature, and uniformed. O'Reilly was calm, tried to debate the points while getting cut off by Letterman at every turn. Any time an interviewer cuts off the guest after every question, it's a clear sign that the interviewer knows he's out of his league. Even Liberty said Letterman looked stupid.

What YOU need to do is take a deep breath, take a step back, check your hatred at the door and re-watch the video. If you have a sane bone in your body, you will come to the same conclusion as the rest of us. Try it. Good luck and godspeed.

Doesn't O'Reilly use the same tactic on his show?? Cumon now....that tactic is more about controlling the interview because you have the bigger microphone than ignorance on the topic.

Letterman is a comedian and an entertainer. O'Reilly does serious political commentary for a living. Surprising, how hard some of you guys are working at deriding Letterman's political savvy. Makes me wonder what nerve he really hit.

Look man a lot of us are professional one thing or anothers, but you can't go and insult a guy (even O'Reilly) without decent and reasonable evidence. A lot of the people on this board could have ripped O'Reilly a new one because he was really exposing himself but Lettermen couldn't carry through. This doesn't mean Letterman is a bad person or even a dumb person but in the context of that event he looked pretty dumb.

This is my position, I know a lot of the Right Wingers here think it somehow vindicated O'Reilly.

It's the old saying "if you're going to bring a knife to a gun fight ...".

Letterman may be a comedian and entertainer, but that wasn't what he was trying to do in that interview (until the 60% crap line). He had an agenda to embarrass O'Reilly and it backfired on him because he's out of his league when it comes to debating. He was obviously unprepared for the interview and was reduced to petty insults and cutting O'Reilly off after every question. His support and defense of Sheehan was ridiculous - not even some of the most liberal Democrats will come out an defend this wench anymore.

Archived