Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mind-boggling quote from Norval

Mickalino

Norv Turner, after being fired from the Raiders :

"The No. 1 thing I've learned in this league, and what everyone's looking for, is the quick fix," Turner said. "I'm not sure there's such a thing."

You #$%*&@!

You were given 7 long, miserable years in DC, longer than ANYONE would have given you, and that was supposed to be a quick fix ?

If anyone was given more than enough time to succeed, it was your sorry arse.

Also, note in this article the incredible Norv-like stat, that he was virtually winless in his division, (ONLY ONE DIVISION WIN) during his 3 years with the Raiders

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/F/FBN_RAIDERS_TURNER_FIRED?SITE=FLTAM&SECTION=SPORTS

Well he said that after the raiders fired him, not after the redskins fired him. I dont like him either but dont jump down the mans throat for something he said about the raiders man :)

He said, that that was something he's learned in "this league".

To me that was an obvious reference to Washington, since that was his other head coaching job in "this league". If he was ONLY talking about the Raiders, he wouldnt have termed it that way.

winless in the division.OMG that sounds so familiar when i think about him being our coach.he is a pathetic excuse for a head coach.:pooh:

I corrected my original post to say he won ONE game in his division (not winless). But that's still just as pathetic as you say.

To me that was an obvious reference to Washington, since that was his other head coaching job in "this league". If he was ONLY talking about the Raiders, he wouldnt have termed it that way.

Ya well to quote dalton from the movie roadhouse "opinions vary" :)

He almost pulled it off here.

Turner was Washington's head coach from 1994-00 and directed the Redskins to four winning campaigns, including two in a row (1999 and 2000). His 1999 Redskins claimed their first NFC Eastern Division title since 1991. They defeated Detroit in an NFC first round playoff game, before dropping a one-point decision at Tampa Bay in the Divisional

round.

http://www.raiders.com/team/coachbio.jsp?id=10441

Like anyone who agrees to coach the raiders, Norv must have understood that he would be the fall guy for the failed ideas of Al Davis. My understanding of how the Raiders operate is that the weekly game plan has to be reviewed by Davis and must be revised to incorporate his changes on matters he doesn't like. If things don't go well, as they didn't for the past two years in Oakland, the head coach will take a hundred percent of the blame even when some of it (and when you take into account Davis' influence on personnel, a significant portion) is actually attributable to the owner's decisions. Not that I really care one way or the other, but IMO Davis should just own up to it and coach again instead of micromanaging puppet leaders and sticking them for the organization's failures. This could have been an interesting question for buges during his earlier chat.

That said, even if Norv had full run of the house, the record might have been just the same or worse...

ok mick...so tell us your true feelings about your beloved norv turner :laugh:

just kidding man i can't stand the guy he is a horrible head coach. He is supposed to be an offensive guru but COME ON!!! if you gave me a team with randy moss jerry porter kerry collins and lamont jordan with guys like robert gallery and ron stone up front blocking for them (i realize they werent all healthy the whole year but still...) im pretty sure i could have at least chocked up 6-7 wins.

What a pathetic year i don't care if he beat us or not we had a horrible game and that incredible offense did almost nothing...He hardly ever even called moss' number the whole year and he's one of the best at his position in the game. Wow i just can't say enough about how this guy has blown his career down the toilet...I dont think he'll even get a sniff at any of the opening head coaching jobs in the offseason

"The No. 1 thing I've learned in this league, and what everyone's looking for, is the quick fix," Turner said. "I'm not sure there's such a thing."

What you'd expect him to learn by now is that he's not head coach material. Norv needs to know his role & not have any aspirations past being an O.C.

Who could "hate" NORV? His very name invokes qualities of harmlessness. He might be the most mild-mannered man in the game of NFL Football. The very reason he cannot win is because he has no fire in his belly to inspire his players. I see Norv Turner as a very talented tactition. But a large group of high-paid, testerone-driven ego-maniacs are never going to follow his lead. It's to..... friendly!

Quick fixes exist for some head coaches, just not Norv.

Let's see, Gibbs is on his way to turning the franchise around in 2 seasons, Parcells did it in Dallas in his 1st season, Marvin Lewis has done it in Cinci in 2 seasons, then there's Lovie Smith in Chicago.

Anyway, I'm sure I've missed some good examples but the point is relatively quick fixes do exist...just not with Norv Turner as your head coach.

no such thing as a quick fix huh norv?

what is gibbs doing right now? 2nd yr and skins are in the playoffs. gibbs first time around, he took the team to the SB win in his 2nd season. face it, you just suck as a head coach bu then again, nobody can coach like gibbs.

I think he was trying to be the PC guy and not refer directly to the Raiders.

But he's still a clown. :D

Archived