Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A few key points the so called analysts are missing

Jrew1223

Whats up fellow skins fanatics....

I have been reading match up review after match up review and i think they are all quite funny... They all show us true fans that they have not payed any attention to the skins when making their observations.... i just wanted to point out a few of them for you....

1. There is absolutetly no mention of the fact that Sean Taylor did noy play in the 36-35 loss earlier this season.

2. They dont mention that in the previous game the Redskins did what they wanted too seemingly at will to the Bucs Defense...

We had this game in the bag last time we played Tampa... even with all of our turnovers.... what let them back in the game was their long pass touchdowns on man coverage cause no one could get to simms.... Now im not a rocket scientist by any means but im thinking if we play better coverage this wont happen again... esp on there one good reciever Joey Galloway (Clayton is out)....

We are by far the hotter team coming into this game with a lot of revenge on our minds... with many redskins vets that have waited so long to taste the playoffs... even tho its at Tampa from what im hearing there are going to be a !@#$ load of skins fans there....

Anyone that goes out and picks Tampa to win this game is either on crack, or has a magic wand we dont know about....

my :2cents:

what do you guys think?

Whats up fellow skins fanatics....

I have been reading match up review after match up review and i think they are all quite funny... They all show us true fans that they have not payed any attention to the skins when making their observations.... i just wanted to point out a few of them for you....

1. There is absolutetly no mention of the fact that Sean Taylor did noy play in the 36-35 loss earlier this season.

From what I've read and seen, no one mentions that we were without Griffin too. That alone will make the biggest difference in our ability to put pressure on Simms. :2cents:

From what I've read and seen, no one mentions that we were without Griffin too. That alone will make the biggest difference in our ability to put pressure on Simms. :2cents:

Exactly--we were missing our two biggest playmakers on defense--in fact, Griffin is who our D revolves around, with him out, the whole dynamic of the defense changes

what do you guys think?

Also little mention of Cornelius Griffin sitting out with a hip injury. We are simply a better team because of two players' health -- that is, if Springs plays, which I suspect he will.

I have been thinking about this. If Taylor were in on the first game Alstott would have NEVER gotten THAT close to begin with, can you say "JACKED UP!!!". Also, he ran to the side Griffin would have been. TRY IT AGAIN, I DARE YOU!!!!

ST AND CG WILL PUNISH ALSTOTT!!!!!

The Bucs are ranked the #1 defense in the NFl but what is not mentioned is that the defense was awsome in the beginnig of the season. During the first couple of games they averaged <70 a gm. rush defense. Towards the end of the season that number has been more than twice the previous. And Clayton is out.

Unfortunately or fortunately depending on your allegiance, the playoff seeding worked out so the two worst teams in the playoffs this year (Redskins and Tampa Bay) are playing eachother in the first round. The Bucs are pretty good at home as their 6-2 record shows while the Redskins are average on the road (4-4.) The Skins are on a hot streak now, but the Bucs are not playing bad football either as they have won four of their last five. These are two very even teams on paper so I think this game could go either way and could be dependent on the location of the game, which means a Tampa victory.

As a Giants fan I must say that I am rooting to the Redskins to make it to the conference championship, despite the unlikelihood of that happening. This would mean that the Giants would be at home for the conference championship game. Keep in mind that nobody has ever scored in an NFC conference championship game that took place at the Meadowlands. Couple that with the fact that there is no way the Skins will beat the Giants at home in the first place and it means a trip to Detroit for the Super Bowl. Good luck this weekend.

I expect the Bucs defense to be tougher than last time but I also don't expect Simms to duplicate his effort from what was possibly his best game of the season. Once again, turnovers will be the key and I hope Chris Samuels is able to shut down Simeon Rice.

Unfortunately or fortunately depending on your allegiance, the playoff seeding worked out so the two worst teams in the playoffs this year (Redskins and Tampa Bay) are playing eachother in the first round. The Bucs are pretty good at home as their 6-2 record shows while the Redskins are average on the road (4-4.) The Skins are on a hot streak now, but the Bucs are not playing bad football either as they have won four of their last five. These are two very even teams on paper so I think this game could go either way and could be dependent on the location of the game, which means a Tampa victory.

As a Giants fan I must say that I am rooting to the Redskins to make it to the conference championship, despite the unlikelihood of that happening. This would mean that the Giants would be at home for the conference championship game. Keep in mind that nobody has ever scored in an NFC conference championship game that took place at the Meadowlands. Couple that with the fact that there is no way the Skins will beat the Giants at home in the first place and it means a trip to Detroit for the Super Bowl. Good luck this weekend.

are you kidding me right now?for one,the giants would have to make it to the NFC Championship game.also,there is nobody in the NFC playoffs that the Skins haven't already dealt with successfully besides Carolina.you should be careful asking to see the Skins in the Championship game since the most recent meeting didn't bode very well for the giants.for any of our earlier opponents to actually look forward to seeing us again is obviously a request not very well thought out.

There are a few things in this I would like to point out....

A. Records mean nothing now that we are in the playoffs... its 1 game at a time

B. The skins are coming into tampa with the taste of blood in their mouths..

C. The game being in Tampa means nothing... there will be more skins fans there than buc fans... trust me

D. The Giants still need to get past the Panthers... Dont count on a win till the clock hits 0...

E. Dont forget the Wooping we put on the Giants at home ( i know your gonna say well what about the 36-0 game and im gonna say hey we solved that problem the 2nd go around)

F. We will be starting 2 of our best defensive players that did not play the last game... Sean Taylor and Griffin...

G. I dont think the Giants will end up playing the skins in the playoffs... If we win sat we play seattle... if you win you go to chicago... i dont see you coming outta chicago with a W.... but hey thats why they play the games right....

:cheers: cheers.... to a good playoff run

There are a few things in this I would like to point out....

A. Records mean nothing now that we are in the playoffs... its 1 game at a time

B. The skins are coming into tampa with the taste of blood in their mouths..

C. The game being in Tampa means nothing... there will be more skins fans there than buc fans... trust me

D. The Giants still need to get past the Panthers... Dont count on a win till the clock hits 0...

E. Dont forget the Wooping we put on the Giants at home ( i know your gonna say well what about the 36-0 game and im gonna say hey we solved that problem the 2nd go around)

F. We will be starting 2 of our best defensive players that did not play the last game... Sean Taylor and Griffin...

G. I dont think the Giants will end up playing the skins in the playoffs... If we win sat we play seattle... if you win you go to chicago... i dont see you coming outta chicago with a W.... but hey thats why they play the games right....

:cheers: cheers.... to a good playoff run

Personally I would rather go into Chicago and play a suspect Chicago team than go into Seattle and play a team that not only went 8-0 this year at home, but is 23 and 3 since 2003 at home. Chicago went 7-1 at home. The fact is neither of our teams will probably get out of the first round and even if we do we both have even tougher times in the second round. The Skins would have to go into Seattle and beat a superior team who has only gotten better since the ball bounced the Redskins way in their week 4 matchup, but like you said that's why they play the games and sometimes everything seems to work in your favor. The truth is both of our teams will need a lot of things to work in our favor if we plan on making it to the Conference Championship.

I will be rooting for the Redskins as I said in my previous post and I'm hoping the game will be as entertaining as the last one was.

You are insane. Carolina beats you guys this weekend. :laugh:

For the injury front last game, we had the disadvantage with ST and Cornelius out, but just to give the Bucs the benefit of the doubt (they will need it), Carnell was still ailing and Brooks had "hamstring" problems.

I believe that the key to the offense's success, besides portis which is almost a given, is protecting Brunell. Brunell still has got game and as long as he makes 2-4 great plays (made 3 last week), he should be able to manage the game well enough to lead us to a W.

Unfortunately or fortunately depending on your allegiance, the playoff seeding worked out so the two worst teams in the playoffs this year (Redskins and Tampa Bay) <edit one fact and a wad of reasonable homerism>

Honestly, I think it's the Giants who are playing some less-than-impressive football going into the play-offs. And if you've been paying attention to what's said outside NY, I'm hardly alone. I would rank you towards the bottom of the NFC play-off teams as of today. I believe your party is over, but we shall see.

Absolutely the most important player on our defense. It is not a coincidence that we struggled and lost that stretch of games mostly while he was out or injured.

Unfortunately or fortunately depending on your allegiance, the playoff seeding worked out so the two worst teams in the playoffs this year (Redskins and Tampa Bay) are playing eachother in the first round.

Somehow the Skins are amongst the worst teams in the playoffs yet, we just spanked your a$$es two weeks ago.

What a dense statement to make given this obvious fact.

i like how he thinks that seattle is so great....

:laugh:

Agreed. Anyone with sufficient knowledge would tell you that Chicago is the team in the NFC to be reckoned with since their defense is excellent, they run the ball effectively and now have the one thing that they have lacked previously.... a legit downfield passing threat.

Besides not having Taylor or Griffin the first go-around, remember too that Joe Salave'a was really hobbled with his foot problem the first Tampa Bay game, to the point of ineffectiveness really.

The push up the middle with Griffin and a healthy Saleve'a Saturday will be much different than what Chris Simms experienced back on November 13. ;)

Archived