Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Alex Rodriguez still sucks

Spaceman Spiff

First team USA, then DR, then not playing at all, now back to USA. Make up your mind you purple lipped ******* and stick to it. I'm actually embarrased this guy is on our team, I don't want him.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2280183

NEW YORK -- Derek Jeter and Johnny Damon of the New York Yankees are on the United States roster for the inaugural World Baseball Classic. Alex Rodriguez may be joining them.

The New York Times reported that Rodriguez, the 2005 American League Most Valuable Player, is expected to announce this week that he will play for the U.S. in the 16-team event in March.

Rodriguez withdrew from the event last month because he couldn't decide whether to play for the U.S. or the Dominican Republic and didn't want to insult the one he didn't choose.

Because Rodriguez was born in New York and raised in Miami, he is eligible to play for the U.S. Because his parents are from the Dominican Republic, the slugging third baseman also is eligible to play for his parents' homeland.

Players from all 30 major league teams are expected to play in the WBC. About 200 players already have committed to participate.

Two other Yankees, outfielder Bernie Williams for Puerto Rico and second baseman Robinson Cano for the Dominican Republic, are expected to play.

Yankees outfielder Hideki Matsui has decided not to play for Japan.

The 16 teams will be divided into four pools and feature round-robin play in each of the first two rounds. Japan will host the opening round in Pool A, which also includes Korea, China and Chinese Taipei, from March 3-6.

The top two finishers will travel to the U.S. for the second round to face the qualifiers from Pool B, which includes Team USA, beginning March 13.

The top two teams from each second-round pool advance to the single-elimination semifinals and finals, which will be held at Petco Park in San Diego from March 18-20.

The WBC will be held again in 2009 and every four years thereafter.

Are you guys worried about being "loved" at work or are you worried about getting the job done and getting paid? The guy is in a no win situation, he will piss people off no matter what he does. What did he do that you say put him on the "low road"?

Are you guys worried about being "loved" at work or are you worried about getting the job done and getting paid? The guy is in a no win situation, he will piss people off no matter what he does. What did he do that you say put him on the "low road"?

It's a well known fact that if you're liked by your co workers, you'll do better. Besides, I'm not talking about love from his teammates, I'm talking about love from the fans. You know, the ones that cough up big bucks so this homo can make millions.

He wouldn't have pissed people off as much if he stuck with his first decision, flip flopping will only piss people off more.

As far as the low road, the dude has NO personality at all. He always seems cold and calculated. He's just there to get his check, hit his dinger and leave. I get the feeling he couldn't give a **** if the Yankees won a WS or not, he's just happy to be there cause he knows Steinbrenner will cut him a big check. He has no soul.

It's a well known fact that if you're liked by your co workers, you'll do better. Besides, I'm not talking about love from his teammates, I'm talking about love from the fans. You know, the ones that cough up big bucks so this homo can make millions.

He wouldn't have pissed people off as much if he stuck with his first decision, flip flopping will only piss people off more.

As far as the low road, the dude has NO personality at all. He always seems cold and calculated. He's just there to get his check, hit his dinger and leave. I get the feeling he couldn't give a **** if the Yankees won a WS or not, he's just happy to be there cause he knows Steinbrenner will cut him a big check. He has no soul.

On the money with that post

Explain.

I think a lot of us have explained ourselves pretty well for why we hate A-rod.

Your reasons are irrational.

First, taking too long to decide. Honestly, what does he owe people like you? People who dissect his every move and hate him no matter what he does.

The mercenary argument? Please. It's easy to sit behind a keyboard and deride another man for taking the highest offer. What would you do if someone in your field offered you twice as much to do what you do now? Since we are on the internet and noone has offered you twice what you make now, be sure to lie and say you'd stay put for loyalty sake.

Ok, what's your last argument....personality...that's right. Again, ARod should be more personable to win over people like you who hate him for ridiculous reasons. Also, talking about personality...do you think yours would win over many if your actions were judged under a spotlight like the one that ARod has over him? Shoot, you'd have a hard time winning over 50 percent of ES. ;)

Your reasons are irrational.

First, taking too long to decide. Honestly, what does he owe people like you? People who dissect his every move and hate him no matter what he does.

The mercenary argument? Please. It's easy to sit behind a keyboard and deride another man for taking the highest offer. What would you do if someone in your field offered you twice as much to do what you do now? Since we are on the internet and noone has offered you twice what you make now, be sure to lie and say you'd stay put for loyalty sake.

Ok, what's your last argument....personality...that's right. Again, ARod should be more personable to win over people like you who hate him for ridiculous reasons. Also, talking about personality...do you think yours would win over many if your actions were judged under a spotlight like the one that ARod has over him? Shoot, you'd have a hard time winning over 50 percent of ES. ;)

The whole deciding thing has a lot more to do with keeping everyone in charge (Team USA, Team DR, the World Cup of baseball committee or whatever, the Yankees since they are paying him a crapload ) on their toes with his decision. I'm sorry, but who the **** does Alex Rodriguez think he is that he can keep two teams and two countries on hold while he sits around with his dick in his hand trying to figure out what team he should play for? Or even play at all? You're right, he doesn't owe me ****, but he owes other people a lot more.

I don't think I made the mercenary argument, but I'll play anyway. A-Rod had a great thing in Seattle, and what could have been good in Texas. Both teams were willing to build around him. And when you're already making millions, what are millions more? I also think that the mercenary argument isn't so much for him, but its about the Yankees instead and how they're perceived throughout. The old Yankees of the late 90's were a TEAM. These Yankees are just hired guns. Steinbrenner thinks by adding people like A-Rod, it'll push them over the top and for the past few years he has been proven wrong time and time again. And who else could pay the rest of that $252 million contract? It wasn't going to be the Rangers.

As far as personality? Look, MLB needs a great face to market the game. It used to be Griffey Jr's role but he got hurt all the time and isn't the player he used to be. He plays on a crappy team in Cincy. While he's still good, he's not the young superstar he once was when he was the face of the game, the most marketable player around. MLB has done a ****ty job of marketing themselves over the years. As a result, they're behind the NFL and NBA.

A-Rod could have been the face of baseball, and I believe its partially his personality and partially MLB's fault. Like I said, he doesn't have the warm personality, the smiling persona that Griffey Jr had. And honestly, I really wouldn't care if he was that way, I never cared about Griffey Jr, he wasn't on my team.

So who can you really blame for the image that he's cast for himself?

I for one hope A-Rod tries to slap the ball out of the Cuban first baseman's glove (assuming they play), who will then look at him in disbelief and proceed to absolutely kirk out on him, right in the middle of the diamond.

My hatred for A-Rod my be considered "unfounded" by some, but he's a Yankee, and just like the Cowboys, hatred of any of their players need not be justified.

:2cents: just my two cents

A-rod has the work ethic of a horse-s_it salesman. Works real hard at looking like he's working real hard. You know the type, we all work with someone that mistakes "action" for "progress". To top it all off...that same person is always the first one at the water cooler or off to lunch or at the door ready to leave at the end of the day or week.

If you don't know anyone like that...THEN IT'S YOU!

He's a bust & a bum.

Archived