Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What's Up with Richie Petitbon?

LightenupSandyBaby

I remember he was there for Darrel Greens last game. He doesnt want anything to do with washington anymore because he had one bad year and was gone but Norv Turner had 7 seasons and plus he was the coordinater of the cowboys and Richie hated the cowboys. He felt betrayed for an enemy. He is out of football completely.

I remember he was there for Darrel Greens last game. He doesnt want anything to do with washington anymore because he had one bad year and was gone but Norv Turner had 7 seasons and plus he was the coordinater of the cowboys and Richie hated the cowboys. He felt betrayed for an enemy. He is out of football completely.

Where did you get all of that from?

He seems to be doing fine from the last interview I heard of his (the day Gibbs came back) and said he is very happy in his retired life and that football is truly a "young man's game"

Where did you get all of that from?

He seems to be doing fine from the last interview I heard of his (the day Gibbs came back) and said he is very happy in his retired life and that football is truly a "young man's game"

I saw that interview, cant remember which station it was on, he did say he wanted nothing to do with coaching anymore, i forget all the rest of the specifics.

Also most people probably dont know but he owns his own alarm company...its

called petibon security or something like that ... mainly has security systems in DC.

edit: acually its his sons business.. check this out from the OLD ES forum

http://72.14.203.104/search?q=cache:XNIm95TK02EJ:redskin.us/forums/showthread.php%3Ft%3D21010+Pettibone%27s+Alarm+systems+bowie+md&hl=en

Petibone did make mention that when Gibbs came back after contacting Buges and the others that he was not contacted by Giibbs, but it does seem as though Petibone could care less what's happening with the Skins nowadays

Petitbon said, back in the day, that he would come back only if a certain person was not involved with the Skins anymore. I believe that person was Charley Casserly. I'm pretty sure Petitbon and Casserly didn't get along.

That was a long time ago though. I don't know if Petitbon would come back if he were asked. That said, he apparently wasn't asked. I don't think Gibbs and Petitbon were that tight, and I also think Gibbs specifically wanted an assistant coach who had a lot of recent NFL experience at as high a level as possible (head coach maybe?), and I'm sure DC was the ideal position as well. It all fit into not bringing Petitbon back.

Just my guess, although partly from some speculation some friends and I were having pretty recently on this topic.

He got a very raw deal as coach - Casserly gave him a depleted roster with a lot of washed up old vets who got hurt early on. Norv the next year won even fewer games. I wish we'd have given Ritchie 3 years and a competent GM to see what he would've done.

A lot of things spelled doom for him. Not having access to the same coaching staff that Gibbs had - the offensive side of the coaching staff had to be filled, and relatively late in the season since Gibbs announced retirement too late (a mistake he won't repeat this time around I think).

Then the other obstacle was, as you said, Casserly.

Seems to me that I remember hearing that he is in poor health these days (diabetes?, or something like that) and that he would not have been healthy enough to make it through a coaching year. But, he was THE man :notworthy back in the glory days. Now, Gregg Williams is THE man. :notworthy

:bucsuck: :bucsuck: :bucsuck: :bucsuck:

:dallasuck :eaglesuck :gaintsuck

Justin

aka UltimateSkinsFan

(Proud son of a WWII ETO Vet)

Richie could still be coaching if he had wanted to. There's no doubt that he got a bad deal here (and, let's face it, that was way before Snyder or anything like that - in fact, the blame for that can fall on Casserly and/or JKC).

I think he probably figured he'd gone as far as he was going to go - he had a few rings, and decided to hang it up. He could have taken a job elsewhere as a coordinator, either college or pro, and might still be coaching today otherwise.

After all the years Petibon gave to the Redskins, he could have still tried his hand at another coordinator job somewhere in the league but to be given only one season and be fired after all of the years he put into the team was very harsh. Jack Kent Cooke should have known that although the Redskins won the Super Bowl two seasons before Richie Petibon took over that the team was aging and would soon need rebuilding.

But I hope he's doing well. I haven't heard anything about his restaurant business in the Virginia area for a very long while.

It's kind of a shame that Petitbon hasn't gotten the credit he deserved. Sometimes it seems like the '91 Skins are the forgotten sister with all the memories of the Diesel horns and the Golden Quarter, but that D was absolutely crippling! Several shutouts, just one body blow after another that season. The O was outstanding, Rypien had a solid year but if not for RP and the D we might not have that one in the trophy case. He is part of the whole Skins Mythos and rightly is entitled to some mention and appreciation. It's sorry to think that he got smoked and now has no love for the team.

It's kind of a shame that Petitbon hasn't gotten the credit he deserved. Sometimes it seems like the '91 Skins are the forgotten sister with all the memories of the Diesel horns and the Golden Quarter, but that D was absolutely crippling! Several shutouts, just one body blow after another that season. The O was outstanding, Rypien had a solid year but if not for RP and the D we might not have that one in the trophy case. He is part of the whole Skins Mythos and rightly is entitled to some mention and appreciation. It's sorry to think that he got smoked and now has no love for the team.

WERD...the 1991 'Skins were the most dominant Redskins team ever...that year, they were playing on a level so far above most other teams that you knew they were going to the Super Bowl by Week 10. :cheers:

It was their first Super Bowl victory in a non-strike season, too!

Petibone lives in my neighborhood. I drive by his house every day. I think his son is using the family name and owns some kind of security business. Just a normal, quiet suburban Washington life I reckon.

Petitbon's son owns petitbon alarm. Father lives in Va, Son in Crofton MD.

Father is retired. His son installed my alarm system. Your not a real redskin fan without Petitbon Alarm :D

Absolutely right wasn't the DEFENSE called "Capitol Punishment"?

Archived