Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Did anyone see John Runyan throw a punch at Joe Salvea?

richanathai

It changed the momentum of the game. Instead of Moats getting the first down, the penalty erased the result of the play. The next play or so after, Marshall gets the INT that leads to the Portis TD that gives us the lead for good.

It changed the momentum of the game. Instead of Moats getting the first down, the penalty erased the result of the play. The next play or so after, Marshall gets the INT that leads to the Portis TD that gives us the lead for good.

Sweet deal, I liked that Big Joe kept his cool and that we did not get offsetting penalties

Runyan's a dirty ****, always has been. I'm sure that teams constantly send the league film of his dirty play, and I'm sure the game officials keep an eye on him. Also, I'm sure that Gibbs and his assistants, as well as the players told the refs to watch him closely.

Runyan's a dirty ****, always has been. I'm sure that teams constantly send the league film of his dirty play, and I'm sure the game officials keep an eye on him. Also, I'm sure that Gibbs and his assistants, as well as the players told the refs to watch him closely.

Dirty and hairy too, have u seen his biceps, geez

It looked like he also gave Joe a head-butt right before he took the swing at him. I think it was the head-butt that got Joe going. But the camera shot wasn't very good. Most likely, Runyan had been pulling similar crap all game long, and that last play was the straw that broke the camel's back.

It really did change the momentum for the 'Skins in a positive way.

First off, it took away the gain, and moved them back.

Second, Joe got so understandably furious that I think it fired up the rest of the team, who were in such a gloomy state at that time.

• 2 months later...

Runyan has a reputation for cheap hits. He is watched closely by the officials, and that is why he was flagged so quickly. He is not a dirty player, but likes to hit people after the whistle has blown, even if away from the ball.

He is a good lineman, don't get me wrong. But he did swing, and drew the attention to himself by doing so. Salavea wouldn't have acted the way he did if it was a clean hit.

all right almighty mods and toads before you "EDITED **shoot of your mouths** " berate me this is my explanation I was officially closing my threads of the past and didn't realize it would show up on the main forum as they were dated 2 months ago. Lesson learnt can we move on.....thx

all right almighty mods and toads before you shoot of your mouths I was officially closing my threads of the past and didn't realize it would show up on the main forum as they were dated 2 months ago. Lesson learnt can we move on.....thx

No staff members have said a word to you. So why don't you pipe down. Next time I 'shoot off my mouth', it'll be to tell you to find another skins forum to post on.

No staff members have said a word to you. So why don't you pipe down. Next time I 'shoot off my mouth', it'll be to tell you to find another skins forum to post on.

Why don't you do that, I wasn't even referring to you (even if u paid attention and carefully read the doh posts before that). If u wanna play dictator by all means do so. But it shows your extreme high handedness. And do you really think you can stop me from posting here????

Archived