Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

You guys know a 5th or 6th seed has never been to a superbowl...

WeBB15

...and only two have been to the AFC/NFC championship... in the history of the NFL!

Something I never knew. Thas a suprising stat to me.

You also realize that if it werent for the first Bucs game when we were robbed that we wouldn't be the sixth seed. We should be hosting this game. Not them. Kharma is a ***** and I believe we can go all the way!:point2sky

Werent the 2000 Ravens a Wildcard team?

They were the #4 seed. Back then there were only three divisions, so the top WC team got a home game. No team has ever won three road games in the playoffs and then won the SB. That's a huge hill to climb.

No coach had ever won three superbowls with three different QBs.

No one had ever come back from 10 down in a superbowl before.

No rookie had ever rushed for over 100 yards in a superbowl before.

See a pattern developing here................

Gibbs has a penchant for re-writing the way things used to be and setting the "norm" on its head.

This team matches up with every team in the NFC playoff race and has beaten three of them (should have been four in Tampa).

The revenge factor will give the Skins the emotional edge in this game. The oddsmakers have taken that into account favoring Tampa by only 1.5 points. Home field is worth 3 points. In other words, the oddsmakers believe we are a slightly better team than Tampa and home field shouldn't favor Tampa too much.

How many 6th seeds rode into the playoffs of a 5 game winning streak, after finishing 10-6 and losing:

2 games on a last play

2 games with 4th quarter lead

1 game full of blown calls

We have really lost-lost only 1 game this season - to the Giants. We are the best #6 seed in the history, that's for sure.

We lost those 5 games by: 3, 7, 1, 3, 6 points.

I didn't know that...

...but I do remember being down 10-0 in the Super Bowl to the Broncos and hearing Al Michaels say "no team has ever come back from a 10 point deficit in Super Bowl history"...

...and we all know how that turned out;)

no...i dont seem to remember....could you fill me in? i must have been away. what was the final score? in which quarter did denver last get any points? :laugh:

That's because 5th and 6th seed teams usually aren't very good. They're usually 9-7 type teams that struggled into the playoffs but are clearly inferior to the top-tier teams in the conference. Thus they do not make it to the Super Bowl.

HOWEVER the Redskins, while a 6th seed, ARE a very good team (assuming they're healthy at QB and DB). So that stat means nothing here.

...and only two have been to the AFC/NFC championship... in the history of the NFL!

Something I never knew. Thas a suprising stat to me.

Yup....and Tampa Bay has never lost a playoff game at "Rick James" stadium!:silly:

Records are made to be broken.

Hail!:point2sky

They were the #4 seed. Back then there were only three divisions, so the top WC team got a home game. No team has ever won three road games in the playoffs and then won the SB. That's a huge hill to climb.

I think the Radiers did, Henry, before their SB against us. At least that's how I remember it.

<edit> NM, I looked it up. Their first wild-card game was at home, the next two games were on the road :silly:

Senility is a helluva drug.

Archived