Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jay Novacek picks us again - Hell has indeed frozen over!

PCRoughrider

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3690072/

Redskins (10-6) at Buccaneers (11-5)

Time: 4:30 p.m. ET, ABC

This is an interesting game. The Buccaneers are a solid defensive team, although not a great one. Tampa Bay is first overall in defense, but eighth in scoring. That makes them a really good defense, not a great defense. They have made stops when they needed to, although the Redskins are clicking on offense.

Washington will be able to hit some big plays and succeed in the running game. They have done a great job of mixing things up on offense the past few weeks. I like the Redskins offense against the Bucs defense.

The Washington defense has played well, although it concerns me that they gave up 20 points to Philadelphia. For Tampa on offense, Chris Simms is playing very well, avoiding mistakes, and the running game is pretty good. So I like the Bucs offense against the Redskins defense, too.

Having said all that, the game will be low-scoring. It’s the playoffs, every possession counts.

Players to watch: Simms and Cadillac Williams need to deliver for the Tampa offense. They need to get the running game established, and that will keep the Redskins defense away from Simms so he can make plays. For Washington, Santana Moss must make big plays in the passing game. He has the breakaway speed to do it. He might not be real productive, but he’ll make key plays when it counts.

Pick: Redskins, 17-10.

First of all, am I the only one who laughs out loud every time I read his picks, not just because of his absurd reasoning, but because of his picture at the top of the page? Doesn't he look like a big oaf who stands on the sidelines of playground basketball pump faking the air and shooting into the fence while nobody picks him to play? Secondly, I find it funny that he mentions that he favors both offenses over the defenses, yet says it will be a low scoring game.

However, he made a good pick, so he's got that goin for him, which is nice......:applause:

For Washington, Santana Moss must make big plays in the passing game. He has the breakaway speed to do it. He might not be real productive, but he’ll make key plays when it counts.

Huh?!?!?!?

80+ catches for 1,400+ yards is not real produtive?????????

I'd much rather be the underdog! :mad:

I do too however , this is a new season it's playoffs Gibbs will have this team so focus it's not going to be funny. I know you youngers fan haven't experience this especially with Gibbs they will be alright..

I think we are the underdog! Tampa's D has really stepped it up the past 4 weeks and I just think they are healthier than us.

Yup in the past we were not picked, and now we are. The truth is I think these two teams are sooooo evenly matched that it could go to anyone. So, I will say, whatever D can cause a key turnover(s) will win this contest.

Archived