Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

From Wild Card to Super Bowl Champions It's been done before

Addicted2Skins

How many times has a wild card team on the road gone or won the Super Bowl?

I know the 1980 Raiders won against Philly and the 1985 Patriots went and lost to the Bears. Historicly the odds are against the Skins to win the big one but the odds were against them to win their last five in a row also. I feel like this team feeds off the fans love for them and that was a big part of winning five in a row. You and everyone in Washington is making this season special. This is the making of one of the greatest seasons in Redskins history.

Keep bringing the Love!!! 5-6 to Super Bowl Champions!!!:point2sky

I go to JMU. Our I-AA football team won a National Championship last season. I-AA is playoff based and we won every game on the road. 3 games and the championship game. It was the first time it had ever happened. Maybe the Redskins can do it also :-)

Guest BleedinBurgundyandGold

the first year the broncos won the super bowl, in '97, they were a wild card and played 2/3 on the road prior to the big one.

I am not to sure about that,but i do know that a sixth seed has never won a super bowl. Some of the sixth seeds in the pass were like 8-8.

Let's rewrite the history books,GO SKINS!!!!!

Well, The sixth seed hasn't always been around. It went from ten teams to 12... I forget what year... I think sometime in the early '90s

there is a time to break a record. and this better be it. I will be extremely happy just to make the Super Bowl, but to win it, will be well, I dunno, I don think Ill be able to talk for a week or something.

Either way, lets adopt the Gibbs policy, approach each game one week at a time, and go from there. 5 in a row and we went to the playoffs, now I like what was posted, 3 in a row for the big show!

Yep, they beat the Jets, then Oakland, then the Dolphins (With Marino I think) all on the road.

But they are the only ones. I think Oakland in 80 had a home game.

What annoys me the MOST about that, is Miami beat Chicago in week 15 at home to end the Bears run at a perfect season.

What a Super Bowl it WOULD have been if Miami went instead of sending the Sacrificial Pat's to lose 46-10

Not that its the same but my lil cousin who plays running back for the James Madison Dukes. They reached the NCAA IAA tournament and played 3 straight road games to win it all. It was the 1st time in IAA history that it happened. So anything is possible. The Skins can be the 1st to win 3 straight road playoff games to reach the Superbowl. Why not? LETS GO!! :bucsuck:

I am not to sure about that,but i do know that a sixth seed has never won a super bowl.

Let's rewrite the history books,GO SKINS!!!!!

No 6th seed since like 1990 has won a divisional playoff game, let alone the super bowl. Its an uphill battle, but I think this team can do it.

I dont think the Skins can do it personally......I know we will do it. It's just something about how we have been playing, we can beat Tampa then we can roll and win at Seattle (Whom I think is overated because they are in the worst division in the NFC, the only 2 good teams they beat were NY Giants and the Colts, which the Colts pretty much rested their most important players) in which we handed them a defeat in week 4 and if Chicago makes the NFC championship game, we know we can beat them, but we will score more than 9 pts in this one. Then on to the SB XL.

Lets go SKINS

Weren't the panthers a wild card team? I am not sure though. They played the Rams on the road and beat philly on the road. I don't think that they were a div. champ. Although someone will have to correct me on that if I am wrong.

Yes Sir you are correct, Panthers were a 11-5 wild card team in 03'. They beat Dallas in Charlotte and then beat St. Louis and Philly on the road.

Archived