Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Portis vs. Cadillac

Sherlock Holmes

If Cadillac Williams is a weapon...then Clinton Portis is a freakin nuke.

(i will put all stats that are the winner out of the two in bold)

Portis: 352 attempts. Now thats a basis for a strong running game.

1516 yards. Now that IS a strong running game. (4th in the league)

4.3 YPC average. Thats the same average as LT btw.

11 TD. Not bad for a denver system back.:doh:

Williams: 290 attempts.

1178 yards. btw portis got 1508 yards in his rookie year with Denver.

4.1 YPC average.

6 TD.

theres your bloody stats all you trash talking tampa fans.

Yeah Portis is better. He has more speed, better moves, and is more durable. The ONE advantage that I MIGHT give Carnell(his mama call him Carnell so I am too) is he runs harder. Carnell is a bruiser, I think that's why he suffered through some injuries this year. Overall, I like 'em both, they're both young and talented. But, since we play Tamapa this week, I hope Sean Taylor and our defense put a FEW dents in "Cadillac." I mean Carnell.

I think that Portis will get shut down Saturday. It will be on Brunell's shoulders to score. This game will be much lower scoring than last time for both teams. The team that can get the most pressure on the QB will win.

Cadillac isn't even an every down back yet. I believe he is still splitting time with Pittman on 3rd downs. That proves he isn't as much of a receiving threat as Portis and he doesn't pass block as well as CP. And even when he does become an every down back he STILL won't have Portis' catching or blocking ability.

If Cadillac Williams is a weapon...then Clinton Portis is a freakin nuke.

(i will put all stats that are the winner out of the two in bold)

Portis: 352 attempts. Now thats a basis for a strong running game.

1516 yards. Now that IS a strong running game. (4th in the league)

4.3 YPC average. Thats the same average as LT btw.

11 TD. Not bad for a denver system back.:doh:

Williams: 290 attempts.

1178 yards. btw portis got 1508 yards in his rookie year with Denver.

4.1 YPC average.

6 TD.

theres your bloody stats all you trash talking tampa fans.

Nice job.... I do love those "bloody stats" all the way from the UK...

(just kidding... I even like to watch a bit of the premiership, so I know what its like to watch a sport from across the atlantic!)

I think that Portis will get shut down Saturday. It will be on Brunell's shoulders to score. This game will be much lower scoring than last time for both teams. The team that can get the most pressure on the QB will win.

Nice photoshop job on your signature... thats the only way the bucs actually scored that touchdown in october.

Nice job.... I do love those "bloody stats" all the way from the UK...

(just kidding... I even like to watch a bit of the premiership, so I know what its like to watch a sport from across the atlantic!)

lol, thats what nfl.com does for you. just thought i needed some stats to back up my opinion as i am from england maybe people dont take me as seriously!

unfortunately the premiership has been ruined by a certain russian billionaire...watch the championship instead, much better fun lol!

Portis might not reach 100, but I doubt if he will get completely shut down. If Portis gets shut down that that means one or both safeties will be creeping up to the line of scrimmage, leaving Santana Moss and other Redskins WRs in single coverage. It will take nine men up front to stop Portis. If The Bucs pull the safeties back and Bugel's blocking schemes work, Portis just might bust open the Bucs defensive for huge amounts of yardage. If the Bucs place 8 men in the box and leave one of the safeties in coverage then that might limit Portis to maybe 2 or three yard gains at best. But once again, Brunelll can still one of the WRs will be in single coverage.

As far as Cadillac goes, he's an impressive running back. No running back has ran for a 100 yards or more on the Redskins defense in 5 straight games. Tomilson was the last rusher to do it. I expect Tampa Bay to go to the air more. And let's remember unlike last time, the Redskins have Sean Taylor and Cornelius Griffin this time.

Carnell Williams was named Offensive Rookie of the year this year. Which I agree with.

Clinton Portis was Offensive Rookie of the year in 2002 with Denver.

Both are obviously great runners, but lets face it, Williams is a Rookie, prone to make mistakes and will he be able to handle the pressure of a game like this? I think not, Portis on the other hand has been in pressure games like this several times and has the experience and patience.

The nod goes to Portis.

Archived