Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Patten: [Why He Shouldn't Have Been Put on IR]

ez2envy

He's on IR. I'll admit I do miss him even though he wasn't too productive early on.

Well, he didn't get a lot of catches or yards, but his main productivity came from taking a lot of the coverages away from Santana Moss, which is why early on Moss got a lot more yards and catches

Patten? Who is that? Oh you mean that guy who always used to run the "defensive pass interference" route. That route worked every time. I wish Patten could've taught Jacobs or Farris to run that route, atleast to give us SOME production.

By the way, is Jacobs injured? I didn't see him at ALL in Philly. Maybe he just isn't playing good enough to get P.T.

I have mixed feelings about the guy ever since he complained a bit about not getting the ball enough. Plus, did he really need to sit out the rest of the season? Seems like he was on the field every game and then just decided to get surgery, almost like he gave up. I think he was a bit jealous of Moss being number 1 as he thought he was going to be.... (from his journal on nflplayers)

06/28/05

Being with the Redskins, it's cool. Eight years of hard work and effort is coming to fruition. This is the position I've always wanted to be in. I get to be THE MAN.

http://www.nflplayers.com/players/player.aspx?id=24845&section=journal

I'd like nothing more than for him or ANYONE to step up next season but I just have reservations after this season.

I have mixed feelings about the guy ever since he complained a bit about not getting the ball enough. Plus, did he really need to sit out the rest of the season? Seems like he was on the field every game and then just decided to get surgery, almost like he gave up. I think he was a bit jealous of Moss being number 1 as he thought he was going to be.... (from his journal on nflplayers)

06/28/05

Being with the Redskins, it's cool. Eight years of hard work and effort is coming to fruition. This is the position I've always wanted to be in. I get to be THE MAN.

http://www.nflplayers.com/players/player.aspx?id=24845&section=journal

I'd like nothing more than for him or ANYONE to step up next season but I just have reservations after this season.

Patten didnt want to go on IR, the coaching staff asked him to so his spot could be taken by another player.

I wonder if patten wasnt put on injured reserve if he would of been ready to play in this game this week. I think we shoulda held on putting him on IR because we could really use him as a no2 reciever since noelse has stepped up

Whether we wanted to or not, we needed to because of all of the injuries that struck. We have simply needed the bodies. I'm sure they didn't want to waive Friedman, and wish they had him back right after RT got hurt, but at the time, the extra roster spot was essential because of all of the injuries. Thus, this is a moot point.

He wasnt as bad as many may think.. How many times did he go on a long ball and force a major penalty? Seems everytime he got his chance the D would foul him.

Also think he didnt really get the system yet, unlike Moss who came in on a lightning bolt lol. Or shall I say "star".

I dont know if he would be ready, he isnt as young as he used to be.

Patten didnt want to go on IR, the coaching staff asked him to so his spot could be taken by another player.

And as many receivers as we had injured, he definitely would have gone on IR at some point.

They did show him coming back to Redskins Park after the Eagles game, though. So he is travelling with the team, at least.

Archived