Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why we didnt beat the Bucs last time...(link)

WeBB15

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/live/NFL_20051113_WAS@TB

We "beat" these guys last time at their house. . Brunell hit almost all of his passes, Portis had a field day with 144 yards.

The reason we lost is because lack of turnovers and the secondary let Simms beast on them with 3 TDs. We didnt get anything done in the secondary at all, I remember distinctively that last drive, probably 80 yds or so. Brunell got picked off twice, I think he will be more cautious this time around.

With the way our secondary played against Eagles, its going to be tough, but before that game the secondary did very well... I hope they show up this game and get some INTs.

Portis may have anotehr field day against this supposedly "good" defense.

CP/AT YDS TD INT

Brunell Stats: M. Brunell 23/35 226 2 2

Simms Stats: C. Simms 15/29 279 3 0

Thats why. Brunell didnt have a great game and Simms did. Also Brunell fumbled twice and lost it once. The fumbles definently wont happen this week, Brunell has solved his fumblind problem.

Let's hope that he has solved his fumbling problem.

The reason we lost is because lack of turnovers and the secondary let Simms beast on them with 3 TDs. We didnt get anything done in the secondary at all.

What everyone seems to forget so easily about that Bucs game was what we were missing on defense at that time of the season.

Griffin was still out, Taylor missed that game, Harris had just come back off of injury (And we know he hasn't done well since getting nicked up), Salvea foot was pretty much at it's extreme point. Therefore we had no real pass rush to pressure Simms, and lacking Taylor in the back field left enough holes open to take advantage of.

Simms has no idea what's really coming for him this weekend, and if Springs can play well enough, our secondary is going to have a field day!

Well, I will add to that...

Both of Brunell's INTs were the flukey kind that didn't mean to me that he played poorly. Both bounced off of WRs hands or bodies before being picked. His numbers very easily could have been:

25/35 240ish 2TDs/0INTs

Santana's jersey was practically pulled off on the one interception.Extremely obvious pass interference not called.

They caught us off guard. We underestimated them like we did with the Cardinals and Eagles, except we didn't have the defense at that time to shut the Bucs down in the 2nd half like we did with the Cardinals and Eagles.

In the last 5 games combined, we have outscored our opponents 70 to 18 in the second half. 7 of those 18 points came from that garbage time Dallas TD.

Because we scored more points!

pic4.jpg

Not really ......your kick was blocked...and they call bogus offsides when center OBVIOUSLY flinched the ball....THEN alstott is stuffed and the ref blows that call.....

If the refs were allowed to watch the reviews in frame by frame they would've seen where Mike's elbow fell 6 inchs short of the goalline.....

I'm not saying to practice my typing speed......I have the video to prove it.....

Brunell actually had a decent game even though there are 2 INTs in his stat sheet. At least one of those was off the hands of the receiver and maybe both of them if I remember correctly. I just can't blame the QB when the receiver gets 2 hands on the ball and then loses it to the defender.

We lost this game because of bad officiating. It is that simple.

* Galloway's out of bounds catch being ruled a force when no one touched him.

* No call on pulling Moss's jersey

* Bogus offsides call on the blocked PAT

* Bogus 2 point converstion call

And those are just the ones I can remember...

Archived