Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Salave'a this weekend

Mania

Who thought Salave'a was going to get thrown out of the game during the Eagle game. Does anyone know exactly what happened. I know in the end the Eagles were called for unnecessary roughness, but what literally happened.

Jon Runyan (the NFLs dirtiest player) was up to his old tricks. I am a Michigan fan but I am embarrassed that he calls U of M his alma-mater. Philly ran a screen in the right flat. Runyan was blocking big Joe in the middle of the field. Joe was no where near the play. As the ball carrier was being brought down, Joe stopped engaging Runyan and dropped his hands. At this point - Runyan reared back and drilled Joe right in the earhole of his helmet. No way he should have stayed in the game -- it was blatant and ridiculous -- just what we've come to expect from Runyan

Jon Runyan (the NFLs dirtiest player) was up to his old tricks. I am a Michigan fan but I am embarrassed that he calls U of M his alma-mater. Philly ran a screen in the right flat. Runyan was blocking big Joe in the middle of the field. Joe was no where near the play. As the ball carrier was being brought down, Joe stopped engaging Runyan and dropped his hands. At this point - Runyan reared back and drilled Joe right in the earhole of his helmet. No way he should have stayed in the game -- it was blatant and ridiculous -- just what we've come to expect from Runyan

Thanks for the detail.

The most interesting thing was that Joe took a few plays off after that. I wondered if Gibbs did that to allow him to cool off so he didnt murder Runyan.
Yep, it was actually Coach Blache who got in Big Joe's face and said calm the down. The cool thing was Big Joe went from out of control pissed off, to just a focused look on his face. Corny discussed this a little on Monday Night Live, that all the D linemen fear the wrath of Coach Blache. :cheers:

Yep, it was actually Coach Blache who got in Big Joe's face and said calm the down. The cool thing was Big Joe went from out of control pissed off, to just a focused look on his face. Corny discussed this a little on Monday Night Live, that all the D linemen fear the wrath of Coach Blache. :cheers:

No school like the Old School baby!!!! :cheers:

I was pleased enough that he could keep just enough composure after that to not touch Runyun himself and enough sense to go to the sidelines and cool off. He saved us 15 yards by doing that. Most players would have retaliated and gotten a flag of their own. So he at least had enough sense and constraint from touching Runyon and props to big Joe for that. Props to his team mates and coaches for calming him down a bit too.

Archived