Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN.com: All-Time Super Bowl Team - Head coaches (DISRESPECT!!!)

PCRoughrider

http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/sportsnation/ballot?event_id=1943

Joe Gibbs (Redskins) -- Won three Super Bowls with three different quarterbacks in Washington. Titles in SBs XVII and XXII came after strike-shortened seasons but a dominating performance in SB XXVI followed a full season.

"Titles in SBs XVII and XXII came after strike-shortened seasons"...

So? Who wrote this? Winning a Super Bowl in a strike year shows an especially good coach. Doing it twice shows a historically great coach.

BTW, go there and vote for Joe!!!

Sportsnation are a bunch of idiots. Bill up in NE at #1??? HAHA! Everyone knows Vince should be first. Too short of memory for this nation! Yes, Joe doesn't get much respect, but how about Chuck Noll??? Built the greatest dynasty in the SB era! 4 titles and no respect. At least Gibbs gets something (not much, but something)

If it shows an especially good coach then why shouldn't it be written there? If not then the same thing goes. It is true and they drew no judgements from it so it seems legit.

Because the statement is followed by "but". The "but" is what makes the first two Super Bowls less than the third.

You would be correct if "but" was replaced with "and".

I've NEVER understood this thought process. By all means, someone explain it to me.

Were there strikes during the playoffs or something? Did the strikes somehow give the 'Skins an automatic pass to the Superbowl? Were the Redskins the only team in the NFL not to be on strike?

What am I missing?

I've NEVER understood this thought process. By all means, someone explain it to me.

Were there strikes during the playoffs or something? Did the strikes somehow give the 'Skins an automatic pass to the Superbowl? Were the Redskins the only team in the NFL not to be on strike?

What am I missing?

I don't know about you guys, but that's long been thrown in my face by other fans

(usually cowpies :dunce: or niners :drool: )

and it's always reminded me that when it comes to human intelligence, the bell curve can be a shape ominous in portent.

Its not like it was only the Skinz that went through the strike. We all played the nine games in 82-83 and then the playoffs and in 87-88 we all played the 3 games with skabs. However the Skins were the only team to play with entirely skabs for the entire 3 weeks of the strike.

actually they were 1 of 2 teams the 49ers also had no regular players on there squad and won every game.

Archived