Mickalino

How far will we go?  

178 members have voted

1. 1. How far will we go?

• Nowhere'sville. We lose to Tampa
    • Beat Tampa and lose to Seatle
    • Beat Seatle but lose in the championship game
    • Win the championship game but get blown out by Indy
    • Hail to the Redskins, We Win it all BABY!!!!!

Marshall seems that he may be more of a GW-type Mike.

1. Fast/Quick, LM is better here

2. Good in coverage, LM is better here

3. Sure tackler (not that he'll blow people up but a guy who if he gets his hands on you, you are going down), AP was better here but LM is no slouch

4. Smart, AP got more praise here

In any case, GW seems to want a Mike that's almost a combination of a SS and a LB. He seems to want to use his line to take out the blocks and let his LBs make plays. He also uses his DBs like LBs too.

I knew that Lemar Marshall was special when he replaced LaVar Arrington at ROLB last season. He did a good job in Arrington's place. After Antonio Pierce left for NY, Marshall did a good job in his place as well. The man has INTs, sacks, and loads of tackles and he's become a leader.

I agree that Pierce was smarter and Marshall is more athletic. The thing about that is, Marshall has been studying VERY hard and is becoming a smarter player. He can eventually become as smart as Pierce was on the field, Pierce can't make up for Marshall's athletics.

Advantage...MARSHALL!!

Pierce, if only for how well he kept everyone in position. We never gave up any long runs last year. Actually, the worst thing about losing Pierce has been losing Marshall on the outside. The dropoff from Marshall to Holdman is significantly worse than the dropoff from Pierce to Marshall.

I think there are two Marshalls. The one at the beginning of the season who played adequately, but didn't quite take the defensive reins or understand alignments all that well. There was a turnaround at some point, notice the big runs have all but disappeared. Players are being realigned more forcefully before a play. I think he's getting it. Honest answer is I wish we still had both. Marshall ahead of Holdman.

Marshall is supposed to be much more athletic, right? Well, what bothered me is that Pierce was so much faster in madden last year. However, I think they both did a great job, and since Pierce isn't here anymore, Marshall gets the nod.

I think some here get it.

Pierce played with Marshall on the outside.

Marshall played with Holdman on the outside.

I still think Pierce had a better year last year making the correct defensive calls, but I have been EXTREMELY happy with Marshall.

Once again, it was a smart move to not overpay for Pierce.

MARHSALL, will people evr realize this? I've supported him for ever, and hes geting better evry week.

:applause: ME TOO! I'm a big-time Marshall advocate..and have been for a couple of years.

The reason that I followed him was an accident....I have an Armistead jersey....after he left...LM got his number....and I was stuck with his jersey....so.....I just used the ol' duct-tape and a Sharpie and paid special attention to Marshall whenever he got a chance to play.

:applause: ME TOO! I'm a big-time Marshall advocate..and have been for a couple of years.

The reason that I followed him was an accident....I have an Armistead jersey....after he left...LM got his number....and I was stuck with his jersey....so.....I just used the ol' duct-tape and a Sharpie and paid special attention to Marshall whenever he got a chance to play.

So how does that duct tape and Sharpie ink hold up in the washing machine :laugh:

Why not just have the old lady stitch some new letters on it ? ;)

Pierce and it wasnt even close till a few games ago. He played at pro bowl level all last year but Marshall as gotten a lot better lately. If he can sustain his play as of late and/or continue to improve then maybe next year this will be a better poll.

Pierce, if only for how well he kept everyone in position. We never gave up any long runs last year. Actually, the worst thing about losing Pierce has been losing Marshall on the outside. The dropoff from Marshall to Holdman is significantly worse than the dropoff from Pierce to Marshall.

Was there also a dropoff from Marshall to Arrington at OLB ?

I think whoever we put in there should play pretty good. 2 nonames in 2 seasons have proven that.

Both players were quality to begin with. Pierce has proven that he is not just a product of a system by flourishing in NY, and by actually turning that defence around.

Archived