Mickalino

How far will we go?  

178 members have voted

1. 1. How far will we go?

• Nowhere'sville. We lose to Tampa
    • Beat Tampa and lose to Seatle
    • Beat Seatle but lose in the championship game
    • Win the championship game but get blown out by Indy
    • Hail to the Redskins, We Win it all BABY!!!!!

Call it a hunch, but somehow I think we have not seen Lemar Marshall's best yet. It seems he is getting better every week.

And I don't think it is familiarity with the defense, etc... I think he is actually getting better as a football player.

It will be a great thing to watch Lemar's career over the next 2 years. If he keeps progressing the way he is, we can expect great things.

I voted GW simply because both were undrafted and had to work hard for what they got. Both rode the pine for a while and both have room to grow.

I think LM has more athletic ability then AP while AP seemed to grasp the D quicker then LM, All in all LM has progressed nicely over the year so next year I'll change my vote to LM.

:dallasuck :gaintsuck :eaglesuck

Call it a hunch, but somehow I think we have not seen Lemar Marshall's best yet. It seems he is getting better every week.

And I don't think it is familiarity with the defense, etc... I think he is actually getting better as a football player.

It will be a great thing to watch Lemar's career over the next 2 years. If he keeps progressing the way he is, we can expect great things.

he shoots, he scores! :applause:

for guys that never started (at least not at that position for marshall) williams has done an amazing job...they both had a lot of talent to start with and i think anyone that has the ability they have williams can teach and turn them into a good linebacker.

that being said i think lemar has become and will be a better linebacker. he has done an outstanding job and is a "true redskin."

AP had a better year for us last year than Marshall is having this year but if he keeps progressing the way he has then Marshall could be the better of the two when it's all said and done. Marshall seems to be getting more comfortable as of late, he's definitely improving.

i still say AP, but marshall has gotten better since week 1. hopefully he can continue to improve in the playoffs and next year. i can't say i'm disappointed in him.

I agree. Not to mention, this would be AP's second year, so I think he would be ahead of Marshall. Don't get me wrong, Marshall has played ABOVE expectations as of late, but I still believe AP is more athletically gifted. However, not by much, and certainly not enough for the contract he got from the Gnats.

AP had a better year for us last year than Marshall is having this year but if he keeps progressing the way he has then Marshall could be the better of the two when it's all said and done. Marshall seems to be getting more comfortable as of late, he's definitely improving.

How do you figure? LM has 130 Tackles, 4 INTs (leads team) and a TD. AP's stats weren't that impressive.

NFL.com

Pierce ('04)

Games: 16

Tackles: 112

Assists: 27

Sacks: 1

Int: 2

Pass Def: 3

Marshall ('05)

Games: 16

Tackles: 98

Assists: 19

Sacks: 2

Int: 4

Pass Def: 5

That's just about even in my book with the edge to AP. But I'll agree with most, that Marshall has really shown up the past few weeks - he seems to be getting better as his career progresses.

HTTR

I didn't get to watch a lot of the games last year. But I think Marshall is exceptionally better at pass defense, and I remember the Redskins getting burned a lot last year by Pierce in pass defense.

Marshall had a bunch of key interceptions, and I think he's grown into the role. I voted for Pierce, but I'd rather have Marshall after more seasoning this year.

Archived