Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

This offseason Should Skins go After Stephen Davis?

Frediemac

I asked this question to some friends when I heard people in Charlotte say he had played his last game in Carolina. IF he is healthy and clears a Physical, then what a great pickup for 3rd and 1 and 4th and 1 situations like Gerald Riggs use to do. I'm sure his pay wouldn't be as much for just a part time role in a Bigtime team, The All-Time Rushing Leader of the Redskins

What do you other Skins Fans think of having a BIG Back in the Offense again next year? :point2sky

Ok guys, I hear you, But I said IF he passes a physical AND shows he can still get that 1 Yard (Like Riggs) and as CHOMERICS said Veteran Minimum Only. Then would you do it? It Looks like mostly NO!, Ladell has not gotten the 1 Yard runs very often, and only until mid Season have the Skins been even able to Make that short yardage Runs.

Ok guys, I hear you, But I said IF he passes a physical AND shows he can still get that 1 Yard (Like Riggs) and as CHOMERICS said Veteran Minimum Only. Then would you do it? It Looks like mostly NO!, Ladell has not gotten the 1 Yard runs very often, and only until mid Season have the Skins been even able to Make that short yardage Runs.

Still no, that's a roster spot for another RB to do the same job Betts or Rock can do just as fine.

Save that roster spot for another CB or OG, we need more depth there.

Too many injuries. Running backs with that many injuries don't last long. It's just a shame we didn't keep him to begin with. Could you imagine him and Portis in the backfield?? He is done now. Keep who we have, and let them improve. Our luck, we would get him, and he would miss the season after the first or second game.

I think I am the only guy to say this but my answer would not be a definitive no.

If SD would agree to be a short yardage back and would play for a modest salary then why not consider it? He cannot expect to get paid starter dollars now.

I am not saying that we should definitely do it but we do need a short yardage back. I like Betts but he does not exactly strike me as a short yardage back.

I guess it all depends on White and/or Broughton.

Archived