Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

With Gibbs We Take These Things for Granted...

tr1

• Few motion penalties
  • Acknowledging the fan base...not ignoring it
  • Accountability by players (to the point of sometimes being released)
  • Regular props to players who perform
  • Regular props to assistant coaches (it really isn't all about Gibbs for anyone listening.)
  • Winning in December (it's back, baby!)
  • Being competitive in almost every game
  • Few personal fouls
  • A dominant running game

Thank God he's back!

• Few motion penalties
  • Regular props to assistant coaches (it really isn't all about Gibbs for anyone listening.)
  • Few personal fouls

Thank God he's back!

notice most, if not all of these things have been missing in recent years. good post, and thank you Joe Gibbs.

I kinda like that people are "taking these things for granted." It is better than the loser mindset we've had for 10+ years. When we always ecpected bad performances and we were always pessimistic. Atleast now we are beginning to EXPECT winning and everything that comes with winning.

Thank you Mr. Gibbs!

Great List. I watched the Redskins game again last night. I noticed about 3 false starts. At first I was thinking, man that is a lot of false starts. Then it made me think about how few penalties we have in general these days. It is great to have Gibbs back!

Gibbs, in two seasons, has already given this team and it's fans a swagger. I like this feeling. I like that I can have confidence in my team. I like the feeling that, on any given Sunday, we have a realistic chance of beating ANY TEAM in the NFL. I hope this success continues after Gibbs retires.

Gibbs, in two seasons, has already given this team and it's fans a swagger. I like this feeling. I like that I can have confidence in my team. I like the feeling that, on any given Sunday, we have a realistic chance of beating ANY TEAM in the NFL. I hope this success continues after Gibbs retires.
yea,i like it too.it's been way too long since we've been able to realistically be able to expect good things from our team.yes,Joe Gibbs is finally back.:notworthy

• Few motion penalties
  • Few personal fouls

Thank God he's back!

Excellent points and I agree with everything but I differ only slightly with “regular props to players who perform”; Actually I agree with one caveat.

Coach Gibbs being a master people person knows which egos need more stroking than others. Clinton Portis receives and rightfully deserves all of the praise that is bestowed upon him however; this team is full of players that “fight their guts out” and “run until their tongues are hanging out”. Some just need to hear it more than others and Gibbs knows this about people.

This is just my opinion and I don’t expect everyone to agree.

Archived