Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Destiny my friends.. DESTINY

praise_gibbs

des·ti·ny ( P ) Pronunciation Key (dst-n)

n. pl. des·ti·nies

The inevitable or necessary fate to which a particular person or thing is destined; one's lot.

A predetermined course of events considered as something beyond human power or control: “Marriage and hanging go by destiny” (Robert Burton).

The power or agency thought to predetermine events: Destiny brought them together.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I'd like to start off saying HAIL TO THE REDSKINS and Thank You Joe Gibbs for bringing Redskins Nation the playoffs for the first time in 6 years. :cheers:

Now back to the inital post. THEY said we would be lucky to win 4 games this year at best! THEY also said Joe Gibbs is washed up and the game has passed him by! I can seriously go on for hours with all the negative press the 'Skins were getting, from Pastabelly to Sally Jenkins and everyone in between. Well we proved them all wrong this year! Silencing the Critics is the best way to sum up our season in just a few words.

I am sure every 'Skins fan asks themselves can the Redskins really make it deep in the postseason? The answer is.. You are damned straight we can. How do I know this you ask? My answer to you my fellow Burgundy and Gold bleeders is DESTINY! How else can you explain us going into Dallas and losing for basically 56 minutes of the game, only to wind up winning? How about the missed field goal in the Seattle game, how did that happen? The refs screwed us in the Tampa Bay game, but guess who we verse this Saturday for our first playoff game? Thats right Tampa Bay. We have something to prove there as well. If we can go into Tampa and end up victorious no one will stop us. With the 11th ranked offense and the 8th ranked defense, this Washington Redskins team can do major damage in the playoffs!

So the next time you find yourself screaming at your T.V. set or questioning if this team will beat the Bucs or can we beat Seattle again, just remember this is our year! No matter how ugly the game is we will find a way to win. This is a Joe Gibbs team in the postseason, so sit back, relax and enjoy! :munchout:

:point2sky

Great Post! Bump!

I knew this would be a special season when I saw the Monday night game. The five game winning streak, division dominance, and new records are more signs that this team is special. The fact that we get a rematch with Tampa Bay reinforces my belief that this team is "destined" for greatness.

In other words, I've been drinking the Kool-Aid all year!

HTTR!

Great Post! Bump!

I knew this would be a special season when I saw the Monday night game. The five game winning streak, division dominance, and new records are more signs that this team is special. The fact that we get a rematch with Tampa Bay reinforces my belief that this team is "destined" for greatness.

In other words, I've been drinking the Kool-Aid all year!

HTTR!

And a kick*** conference record!!

ok since we are throwing the destiny word arround, here is some numerology I have been throwing arround this season.

The three Superbowls we won with Gibbs:

Super Bowl 17 : 1+7=8

Super Bowl 22 : 2+2=4

Super Bowl 26 : 2+6=8

so the pattern is 8 then 4 then 8 so the next should be 4

This years Super Bowl is 40 4+0=4

:D

ok since we are throwing the destiny word arround, here is some numerology I have been throwing arround this season.

Wow. Now that IS destiny. ;)

:cheers:

This one is really really reaching. Regardless, I'll take it! The team has already done so much more than anyone expected. We should be proud to have made the playoffs. If it is or destiny to win it all...I'd love to see the Skins return to greatness!!!

I believe in destiny. I remember my mom telling me that sometimes it seems like it is a certain team's year to win. I am beginning to believe that this is the Redskins year to win. So pass another round of :koolaid: - Destiny

Destiny

Archived