Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Does Mark Brunell win Comeback Player of the Year?

refuze

Really, probably Tedy Bruschi will get it. Brunell did comeback well, but coming back from a stroke where it was thought he would never play again sort of trumps Brunell. Had Bruschi not come back, I would surely say Brunell.

I agree...Bruschi will get it, and rightly so. But Brunell is a close second...

Bruschi will probably get it but seriously, he only missed a handful of games.

I thought comeback player of the year was for a guy who had played bad or been out for a year or several that all of a sudden had an amazing season.

It should be Brunell, he has been told he was finished by 2 teams and all the fans and the media for at least 3-4 years now. I figured he was finished after the 2nd or 3rd game last year. These other guys are still relatively young.

Steve Smith is not even in the running for comeback player in my opinion. He was only out due to an injury for a year. Nobody thought he wasn't going to be a good player again this year. Comeback player of the year should go to a guy who everyone thought was done, but he surprised and had a great season.

It should go to either Joey Galloway or Mark Brunell. Bledsoe would be an outside shot.

Y'all can say Mark didn't come back from an injury if you want. I'd call being tarred, feathered, and crucified an injury of sorts.

To come back from that and then lead your team to a Super B..., oops, one game at a time, .....playoff berth is quite remarkable.

:bucsuck:

Y'all can say Mark didn't come back from an injury if you want. I'd call being tarred, feathered, and crucified an injury of sorts.

Ax, re-read the thread. Mark's injury or lack thereof was not really discussed and then only in the context of him not having had the stroke Bruschi did.

In fact, the injury angle is mentioned as something that will hold back Steve Smith from getting it (though who knows how this all works.)

Either him or Galloway. Galloway has played at a pro bowl level all year when everyone thought he should retire before the season.

Either one is better than Bruschi or Smith getting it. I've already seen one "expert" give the award to the stroke victim. How bad was the stroke anyway? People have strokes all the time and some aren't bad or even noticed.They are like earthquakes in a sense.

Archived