Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Playoff Prediction Wallpaper (All Red Uniforms)

CooleyCountry

I predict that the Redskins will win there first playoff game against the Bucs. Not only that I predict that because the Bucs will choose to wear white at home the redskins will have to shift to a new single color look of all Red. The all White uniforms were good, the all Red ones prove to be even better. Redskins Will Dominate.

redskinsallred7ri.th.jpg

I predict that the Redskins will win there first playoff game against the Bucs. Not only that I predict that because the Bucs will choose to wear white at home the redskins will have to shift to a new single color look of all Red. The all White uniforms were good, the all Red ones prove to be even better. Redskins Will Dominate.

redskinsallred7ri.th.jpg

The NFL won't allow it, we can't wear burgandy pants if they bucs wear their grey ones.

We will be forced to wear white pants if they wear grey pants.

I could have sworn the St. Louis Rams wore all blue last night when they beat the Cowboys.

You could be right, i've just always heard that you had to wear the opposite.

Home team has on a colored jersey you have to wear white and the same thing with pants.

I guess if the pants are different enough in color it dosen't matter.

Tampa wore white Jerseys at home the last time we played them, I don’t know why they would change what they wear at home from week to week, but they do. So who know what they will wear. If they wear the red Jerseys we should wear the W on W. But if the Bucs wear white jerseys like they did last time, I would love to see us wear the B (burgundy) on B. I don’t think the rules hinder teams from the pants they can wear as long as the two teams playing have different jerseys. Several teams wear their dark Jerseys with dark pants on occasion; Broncos, Rams, Seahawks, Bengals, and Ravens. I don’t see why we can’t do the same thing, I would love to see it.

If we want to get the word out we need to get it to the players. They are the ones that made the push to Gibbs to wear the W on W. Some one pass the B on B idea to Clinton Portis.

I found this on the PewterReport:

AlstottTDBillsSmallCliff.jpg

BUCS' ALL-WHITE UNIFORMS ARE ALRIGHT

To combat the sweltering temperatures at Raymond James Stadium for Sunday’s game against the Buffalo Bills, Tampa Bay wore white pants along with white jerseys. While the kickoff temperature was 91 degrees, the heat index was above 100 degrees for the 1:00 p.m. ET kickoff, and the move paid off as the cooler Bucs prevailed 19-3 over the dark jersey-clad Bills.

Sunday marked just the fifth time that the Bucs have worn their all-white uniforms since they were unveiled in 1997. Tampa Bay is now 3-2 when it wears all-white during the regular season. The last time the Bucs wore all-white was in Jon Gruden’s first game as Tampa Bay’s head coach – a 26-20 overtime loss to New Orleans on opening day in 2002.

http://www.pewterreport.com/article.asp?action=detail&article=1724&category=

I found this from Dec 2004:

Hello Answerman,

My friend and I had an argument the other day, it was about the Bucs’ uniforms. We both like the way the Bucs look in the White pants with the red shirt, but we had differing opinions on the actual win/loss record. Can you tell us what the actual win/loss record is for the games that the BUCS have worn this combo?? My friend thinks that they are undefeated.

Answer Man: Mike, your friend’s instincts are good, but he’s just a bit too optimistic. The Bucs are 8-3 all-time when wearing the red jersey/white pants combination (for this and all following numbers, I included only regular season and playoff games, not preseason games).

That is the best record, in terms of percentage, for the Bucs in any of the four combinations they’ve worn since unveiling their new colors and unis in 1997. Overall, the team has had a higher rate of success in red jerseys than white. Here’s the chart:

Combination W L T Pct.

Red Jersey, White Pants 8 3 0 72.7%

Red Jersey, Pewter Pants 27 13 0 67.5%

White Jersey, Pewter Pants 41 39 0 51.3%

White Jersey, White Pants 2 2 0 50.0%

Overall, that’s a record of 35-16 in red jerseys and 43-41 in white jerseys.

Now, the Answer Man knows what you’re thinking, and I don’t even have to use my telepathic powers. But before you start an e-mail campaign urging the Bucs to wear red jerseys every game, let’s consider a few things:

1. Sample size. It’s hard to know if four games, or even 11, legitimately tells you anything. If the Bucs went white-on-white for two more games and won them both, their success rate in that combo would be up to 66.7%.

2. Cause and effect. The Bucs were very good at home from 1997-2002, and they were particularly strong late in the season most years. Late-season home games are almost always red-jersey games. The Bucs usually wear white at home through the first half of the season or so, to combat the heat, and then switch to red when it cools down a bit in Tampa.

3. Choice. The Bucs can wear white or pewter pants at their discretion. However, they are at the mercy of their opponents on the road. If the home team chooses to wear white (or light) jerseys, the Bucs have to go to their darker ones, and vice versa.

All in all, I would call this a very interesting note, but not necessarily one with deep significance.

By the way, the last time the Bucs wore red jerseys over white pants was September 15, 2002, a 25-0 win at Baltimore. The last white-on-white experience was the week before that, a 23-20 overtime loss at home to New Orleans.

http://www.buccaneers.com/news/newsprint.aspx?newsid=4285

The NFL won't allow it, we can't wear burgandy pants if they bucs wear their grey ones.

We will be forced to wear white pants if they wear grey pants.

I think it just has to do with Jersey color. These images are from NFL.com and are from week 17.

pl_209809.jpg

Both have on white pants, just light and dark jerseys

pl_209813.jpg

Another image of the same

pl_210109.jpg

both teams have on grey pants here

pl_210311.jpg

Another image of the same

pl_210779.jpg

Both teams in none white pants

pl_210792.jpg

Another