Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

#21 on Offense in the post season?

COOLhandsCOOLEY

I remember in week one the excitement of seeing sean taylor lined up in the red zone. Now, with Moss being a marked man and nobody to be a legit #2 should he get some offensive snaps? This guy would be a nightmare to cover, and is playing amazing football. With the trial upcoming and with the complete 180 of attitude in this kid I personally think that he should be allowed the opportunity if he wants it. God forbid but, he could potentially be playing his last game for a while.

:point2sky <--------- i really wish he was #89

what games this season did Taylor line up on offense and how many times? me and a friend were arguing about this, I could have sworn hes lined up on offense and he swears he hasnt.

The games have slipped my mind, searching the site I think I saw someone mention one time was in the season opener.

i would love to see taylor lined up at reciever during the postseason, but lets be realistic. gibbs is in love with thrash and hes not all that bad; he just needs to get the ball, he was thrown to twice in the philly game and came up with a uge reception, second taylor got no touches at all those two weeks in 4 red zone atemps. none in the regular season means that he probably won't in the layoffs when the stakes are higher...but i would like to see him do it:D . there hasn't been a good multi-position offense/defense guy in the league in a good while. kinda reminds me of our own #33 sammy:laugh:

what games this season did Taylor line up on offense and how many times? me and a friend were arguing about this, I could have sworn hes lined up on offense and he swears he hasnt.

The games have slipped my mind, searching the site I think I saw someone mention one time was in the season opener.

Just once or twice I can remember...solely in the Chicago opener.

Sean HAS lined up on offense, I just forgot which games.

He lined up as a WR agaisnt the Bears and Chargers. He may have lined up as WR in some other games, but I forget.

Sean HAS lined up on offense, I just forgot which games.

Here is a pic of him in the Chargers game. Ill try to find one of the bears gameIMG_0100.jpg

If Belichick can do it with Vrabel then there's no reason Gibbs cannot do it with Taylor. I think another creative move is to have one of our WRs on the field when we need to go with a 4th DB out there. Some team did that this past weekend...just can't recall the team...

Ehhh... I've seen Sean drop a lot of easy interceptions this season. I'm not too sure I'd like to see him in for anything except blocking.
wich games are you watching? i havent seen him drop any "easy" interceptions, if you played football, you'd know its hard to come by an "easy" interception. even so this year i haven't seen him drop many interceptions

wich games are you watching? i havent seen him drop any "easy" interceptions, if you played football, you'd know its hard to come by an "easy" interception. even so this year i haven't seen him drop many interceptions

I have played football, and I do know it's difficult to get yourself in position for easy INTs. But I definitely know he dropped some this year (can't recall when) and I also remember Sean saying it himself in an interview.

With an athlete like Sean, size and all, any football fan(besides our opponents) would love to see him on offense, but i think its a little too late in the season to throw something completely new in and someone completely new and be that effective. His size and athleticism could be a major threat if we work him in there slowly, but definitely not this season. HAIL VICTORY!!!

With an athlete like Sean, size and all, any football fan(besides our opponents) would love to see him on offense, but i think its a little too late in the season to throw something completely new in and someone completely new and be that effective. His size and athleticism could be a major threat if we work him in there slowly, but definitely not this season. HAIL VICTORY!!!
you do know he has been in on redzone plays this season (sometimes) but hes never gotten touches, but i agree with you, not in the post season where the stakes are high, if he got no touches in the season, i doubt he'll get them in the playoffs...even if i woud like to see that:D

Guest ComebackKing

I remember in game one of the season the announcers circled him and I was like HOLY CRAP THIS ROCKS. Then we see it like once or twice the rest of the season and I was so sad... We need to bring out some razzle dazzle if we are going to win 3 straight road games coming up and I think there is a great chance we will see him lining up as a WR next week.

I'm too lazy right now to look up the #'s, but we're pretty darn good in the red zone. We actually have a lot of weapons, with our running game and Cooley, Royals, Sellers, Betts and Co. I think that Taylor is probably a good decoy at this point, but we don't need him desperately in redzone situations. Gibbs is a master in the redzone; he's much better than the dreck that we've been used to the last dozen years.

Archived