Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Joe Gibbs the best ever if...

John224

If he wins another, he would "widely" be considered the greatest coach ever.

I buy that! If Gibbs wins a Superbowl in this era it would be beyond the scope of the Redsins Nation. The Wolrd would concede Joe Gibbs as the greatest NFL coach. Halas & Lombardi at best could be equals. And there would be no mentioning of Bill Walsh, Bill Parcells or Bill Belichick in the same sentence as Gibbs ever again.

If he gets a superbowl or 2 maybe just 1 I think he should be considered the best coach who ever coached in the NFL...Period.

He's already considered the best coach ever by some, its just that you can make a good enough case against that there is still doubt. If he wins 1 more, I guess you could still make some case to the contrary but you'd be bordering on being an idiot. Two more, and you'd be an idiot to even try to make a contrary case.

I'm convinced that if you made Gibbs a baseball manager, he'd have a World Series ring within three years. If you made him a hockey coach, he'd win the Stanley Cup in the same period of time. If you had Gibbs take the SAT, he'd get a 2400 if you let him take it enough times. Given enough time, Gibbs can crack absolutely anything.

Yes, seeing as though he's won 3 SBs already. If he wins a fourth I would think he'll be considered the greatest football head coach of all time. The only coach who can rival him in that aspect is Chuck Knoll, but even Knoll never left the pro game and came back, which would make Joe's legacy far more stronger.

Guest ComebackKing

Gibbs won it all with Tony Stewart this NASCAR season why not do the same in the NFL? My what a story that would be...

He's already the best since Lombardi.

Guys like Walsh and Parcells are overrated but Walsh would probably be pretty good today if he had another all-pro team. Shula was great for a decade but couldn't do anything with Marino. Landry won for 20+ years until Gibbs took over the division. Noll was great until the 70's team got old. Gibbs has been great irregardless.

ok i pretty much agree on all counts.

gibbs is god.

if gibbs wins another superbowl, he should and will be viewed as the best football coach, ever. period.

the only thing i want to add is that i HATE that guys like Parcells get more pub just because they are aggressive alpha dogs and create headlines. All of the panel-based NFL shows like countdown etc. are always slurping Parcells, when it's clear that our Joe is the FAR superior coach....

Hell, Joe basically knocked Parcells into retirement this season - if they don't get swept by us, or at worst win at least one game - they're in the playoffs...

Archived