Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Tampa 2.5 points favorites this weekend

Lieminator

Considering the way Brunell played on that less-than-100% knee (courageous but not stellar) and how banged up our secondary is, it sounds about right to me. Teams that win their division and play at home in the playoffs against the lowest-seed, albeit hottest, Wild Card team SHOULD be favored.

It doesn't really make any difference other than for betting purposes. Only the outcome matters. :thumbsup:

Considering the way Brunell played on that less-than-100% knee (courageous but not stellar) and how banged up our secondary is, it sounds about right to me. Teams that win their division and play at home in the playoffs against the lowest-seed, albeit hottest, Wild Card team SHOULD be favored.

It doesn't really make any difference other than for betting purposes. Only the outcome matters. :thumbsup:

Pittsburgh is favored IN Cinci.. by 3...

The Bucs were shut out three weeks ago in a 28-0 buttwhipping by the Pats. Two weeks ago, they had to rely on a tying touchdown at the end of regulation and a blocked FG in overtime to beat the sputtering Falcons. Last week they were notably unimpressive versus the Saints.

I understand the value of homefield, but the Redskins are going to beat them silly.

^ yes true, but the same argument could be used on how we were losing at half against the one of the most injury-decimated teams in the NFL.

Anything can happen in the playoffs, but I guess the fact that they beat us last ime at their house explains the 2.5 favorite.

here is the whole game folks. we shut down cad williams, simms will never beat us - as a matter of fact, i expect to see simms on his butt much of the game. i have been watching the bucs all eason andthey have never impressed me. they needed a miracle to get past atlanta (a very bad team) and got creamed by the pats.

you can bet gibbs will be watchin that pats film. simms can be rattled. if we can do to cadillac what we did to tiki, this could be a walk for us.

the key is to score early.

plus, check those coverage schemes on defense. philly had receivers open across the middle all day and we weren't mak'n em pay when they caught the ball.

we also need to get away from calling "gut" on 95% of our first down plays. it is a good play in that it sets other things up, but IMHO we use it too often.

from what i have read, no one is givin us any love out there. i dunno, but has anyone else outscored their opponents by more than we have in last 5 games?

IMHO, the bucs are weaker than the giants.

Hey fellow Skins fans:

Longtime Skins fan and season ticket holder here, but first time post (never had a non-free email account!). I'm just happy that they are favored, because I want them to be as ****y and confident as possible for this one, Buc players and fans both. After checking out their message boards and hearing them boast about the NFC South ("NASCAR Division" and "Fast track to the Super Bowl"), they are in need of a major smackdown and some Gibbs humility. Wish I could go for this one. Go Skins!!!

Hey fellow Skins fans:

Longtime Skins fan and season ticket holder here, but first time post (never had a non-free email account!). I'm just happy that they are favored, because I want them to be as ****y and confident as possible for this one, Buc players and fans both. After checking out their message boards and hearing them boast about the NFC South ("NASCAR Division" and "Fast track to the Super Bowl"), they are in need of a major smackdown and some Gibbs humility. Wish I could go for this one. Go Skins!!!

NASCAR Division, eh??? They better go check who's team won the Nextel Cup this year...cuz he's comin' for PAYBACK at Raymond James!!! :cheers:

Archived