Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Record against the Divison Irony....

NoCalMike

"Barely" get into the playoffs??...You make it sound like the Skins backed into the post season or something. Nope, the Skins didn't "barely" get into the playoffs, every other team that didn't make it into the playoffs had a worse record than the Skins did, AND the Skins didn't need help from any other team after beating the Cowboys. They earned this post season bid.

I see the logic in both posts, but it just goes to show you that division games are SOOO important. My formula, 6-2 at home, 4-4 on the road, 4-2 in the division, 10-2 in the conference should get you in the playoffs. Anything better is gravy. We hit 5-1 in the division. Next year, I'd like to see 7-1 at home and 5-3 on the road. Another 5-1 division record is a must to maintain dominance.

The initial poster is correct, we barely got into the playoffs. That by no means implies that we didn't deserve or earn it, it just means that we had very little margin for error. More often than not, if you go 5-1 in the division, you'll win the division and clinch a playoff spot before week 17.

Good initial post, good replies...

I was thrilled when we won 2 division games...to go 5-1 (and win 3 straight down the stretch) is phenomenal but it is also something we shouldn't get used to...with the talent in the East, it will be difficult to match that record next season. We'll have to pick up a couple wins vs. the AFC to remain in the playoff hunt.

Yeah when I said we "barely" made it into the playoffs, I just meant record-wise. The team definately earned their spot and are going to kick a lot of a$$ in the playoffs. Sorry about the confusion or play on words, but I simply meant the 10-6 record.

Archived