Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

We shut down TIKI, yet the EAGLES run all over us?

smartestmaninamerica

What was the difference? We shut down the #2 back in the NFL yet can't stop a nobody?

If we can stop Cadillac next week against the Bucs, we win. How can we play against him like we did TIKI?

I think we can allow Caddy to get some yards on Saturday, but I'm really worried about stopping Joey Galloway through the air...

What was the difference? We shut down the #2 back in the NFL yet can't stop a nobody?

If we can stop Cadillac next week against the Bucs, we win. How can we play against him like we did TIKI?

B. Perry 15 70 0 11

R. Moats 7 23 0 9

M. McMahon 3 3 0 4

hardly running all over us

1) I just think the Redskins underestimated the birds running attack coming into the game, but did hold the run better during the second half.

2) I think we will have a better game against Cadillac on the simple fact that we get to see him a second time. Tiki ran all over us the first game and the second was a definite improvement. :)

Im just worried about Tampa passing the ball with our tender secondary. :(

The thing is, the Eagles never had a huge back-breaking run against our defense. That was the main difference. Instead the Eagles had a lot of 4 and 5 yard gains, where as with other teams such as the Chiefs and Broncos and San Diego, we held their RBs to mostly 2-3 yard gains but in the second half they both burst out with a HUGE Backbreaking rushing TD that was long.

']You didn't exactly shut down Tiki. The Giants were behind the whole game so they had to throw the ball a lot. Tiki still had 129 combined yards. Not exactly shutting him down. Tiki had more yards rushing and more ypc than any of the Eagles did yesterday against you.

I was getting ready to say the exact same thing. But I guess if you can hold tiki under 150 yards with no TDs, youve done ok. :D In a weird way.

Holding Tiki to 80 Yards, considering the season he is having is a pretty good job. However I do concede that I was baffled by Couglin's decision to give him more carries. It was as if Couglin was out to prove to the world THAT day, that Eli could win on the road by himself.

']You didn't exactly shut down Tiki. The Giants were behind the whole game so they had to throw the ball a lot. Tiki still had 129 combined yards. Not exactly shutting him down. Tiki had more yards rushing and more ypc than any of the Eagles did yesterday against you.

220 yards plus vs KC

80 against Skins

200 vs Raiders

yeah we shut him down :)

We DID shut down Tiki Barber. Similar to Julius Jones the week before, the only reason their stat line looks okay is because they pulled off a long run near the end of the game when we were playing pass while the opposing team tried to mount a comeback.

Let's put it this way, Tiki had nuthin for us. Half his yards were on one run.

Well, we just didn't have "the eye of the tiger" the first half. We kind of looked like we were susprised to be behind. We showed a lot of character in the second half to shut them down.

Also, the field was like playing in pudding, hard to get footing and stick a guy. Think about it this way, you are set, you wrap up the runner but then you feet go out from under you as the turf gives way, he has momentum and runs past.

Teams that rely upon speed and "flying around" on defense like the 'Skins are hurt more by bad turf than slwoer teams.

I expect us to come out breathin fire against the Bucs. No bad turf, no missed tackles.

above everything, it's the emotion and motivation the team has, that's what shows up on the field

they had just came off two huge dominating wins against NFC East opponents, and now they were on the road against an opponent they should beat

team just sorta walked through the first half, then showed you what they can do in the second

that's it

if they wanted to punish Philly and shut them out, they could have

the team brings it when it's on the line

Archived