Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Proof the Ref's HATE the 'Skins!

smartestmaninamerica

Anyone remember the "pass interference" call against us as the Eagles were driving for that touchdown where the receiver humped the goalpost?

First time I have ever seen pass interference when:

1. The receiver ran into our defender who was just standing there.

2. The contact was BEFORE the ball was thrown.

3. The receiver who was supposedly 'interfered' with would have had to jump 20 feet in the air to catch the ball (in other words, the pass fell incomplete about 15 yards past the receiver).

4. On this same play, the Eagles OL was holding our pass rusher by the back of his collar holding him back from a sack while the Ref stared right at it and didn't throw the flag.

Man, what a homer call! Ended up costing us 7. End the end it didn't matter but it still fried my grits.

Hopefully the Ref's will get religion in the playoffs with the national audience.

Go Skins!

that hold was obvious???? we could go back and forth...the point i'm trying to make is we all get calls and get screwed on others. thats the way it is in the nfl we have to live with it. do i still yell and scream and curse?-you bet i do! our teams have got to do their best to make enough plays to make it so a couple of calls don't cost teams games. unfortunately with such parody in the league this becomes harder and harder. the non call on plax i believe was in the 4th on one of our many drives that stalled last sunday.

It is extremely frustrating for fans and having been on the coaching side, yes we have more than hockey up here in the "frigid north", it can be a killer for them as well. It just goes to show what a great job Coach Gibbs and his staff have done to hold everything together this far.

that hold was obvious???? we could go back and forth...the point i'm trying to make is we all get calls and get screwed on others. thats the way it is in the nfl we have to live with it. do i still yell and scream and curse?-you bet i do! our teams have got to do their best to make enough plays to make it so a couple of calls don't cost teams games. unfortunately with such parody in the league this becomes harder and harder. the non call on plax i believe was in the 4th on one of our many drives that stalled last sunday.

well, all bad calls are not created equal. a completely bogus pass interference call on the 20 yards line hurts worse than a missed hold. i mean, face it, there is probably some form of holding on every play, however, that interference call was so clearly uncatchable by anyone besides superman it was rediculous.

I think the refs showed a slight bias against the Eagles yesterday if anthing with a couple of other botched passed interference calls against the Eagles (or no calls). Although I don't like Runyan, I hate to see unsportsmanlike calls when it doesn't affect the outcome of the play. There's been way too many flags this year in the NFL, as I've heard many say. Just let them play football. This isn't the Big East or synchronized swimming.

Anyone remember the "pass interference" call against us as the Eagles were driving for that touchdown where the receiver humped the goalpost?

First time I have ever seen pass interference when:

1. The receiver ran into our defender who was just standing there.

2. The contact was BEFORE the ball was thrown.

3. The receiver who was supposedly 'interfered' with would have had to jump 20 feet in the air to catch the ball (in other words, the pass fell incomplete about 15 yards past the receiver).

4. On this same play, the Eagles OL was holding our pass rusher by the back of his collar holding him back from a sack while the Ref stared right at it and didn't throw the flag.

Man, what a homer call! Ended up costing us 7. End the end it didn't matter but it still fried my grits.

Hopefully the Ref's will get religion in the playoffs with the national audience.

Go Skins!

Come on man... time to be mature. Do you really think refs hate a certain team? Get serious. They get paid the same no matter what. People who say this have got to be 12. Calls were missed both ways. Were you yelling out the refs hate the Eagles then too?

well, all bad calls are not created equal. a completely bogus pass interference call on the 20 yards line hurts worse than a missed hold. i mean, face it, there is probably some form of holding on every play, however, that interference call was so clearly uncatchable by anyone besides superman it was rediculous.

it should have been an illegal contact call then.....which is another thing these refs never get right!

that hold was obvious????

Yes, it was obvious. And the non-call on Plaxico was a good call. Springs beat him to the spot and Burress hit Springs in the back. If they had switched positions and Springs ran into Burress they would have called PI on him. Springs did not hit Burress. Burress hit Springs. Springs has as much right to that spot as Burress and he beat him there.

That being said, the Skins don't get screwed any more or any less than any other team. It just seems that way because we are fans. The close calls that we get are forgotten quickly or dismissed as irrelevant when if they are reversed are the reason we lost.

It happens, and the refs get theirs in the end. (They burn in hell lol)

What matters, is that we play smashmouth football and don't commit any penalties, and kick some Tampa-ass!

Can you dig it?

Can you dig it??

CAN.... YOU..... DIG IT??????

Hail!:point2sky

Yes, it was obvious. And the non-call on Plaxico was a good call. Springs beat him to the spot and Burress hit Springs in the back. If they had switched positions and Springs ran into Burress they would have called PI on him. Springs did not hit Burress. Burress hit Springs. Springs has as much right to that spot as Burress and he beat him there.

That being said, the Skins don't get screwed any more or any less than any other team. It just seems that way because we are fans. The close calls that we get are forgotten quickly or dismissed as irrelevant when if they are reversed are the reason we lost.

sorry but i totally disagree! if you keep the flag in your pocket for that pass interference call you have to keep it there for that bull crap hold. the ball was released simultaneously with the supposed hold and influenced the outcome of the game, when the giants were driving down the field.

that being said you guys deserved to win the game. you played better and made the big plays cuz our corners suck, our linebackers are all hurt, and plax dropped a sure touch down.

i hope we get to play you again this season this way we would be home and it would be for the right to go to the super bowl. go nfc east...the toughest division out there again!

I don't think the refs hate the Skins but I do think they are costing teams games.

The PI call was costly because it turned what would have become a FG attempt into a first down and ultimately a TD. My biggest problem with the call was the fact that the ball was not catchable. The Eagles even initiated the contact for the purpose of an illegal pick play as the receiver ran right at Springs with no attempt to avoid contact by running around him.

The refs can no longer keep up with the speed of the game and the huge bodies that get in the way often make it difficult to spot the ball accurately or even decide if a TD has been scored or not. Too often, a coach has to waste a challenge. The rules need to be changed to allow coaches two challenges per half WITHOUT having to take a timeout, however, for every challenge they win they receive an additional challenge. Coaches should also have the right to demand a challenge within the last two minutes of the half and NOT leave it up to the refs in the booth to decide.

There should also be a committee in the booth that determines the outcome of a challenge. They should also be able to take more than 1 minute and 30 seconds if necessary. Don't leave the decision up to a guy on the field. Too many times this year I've seen calls, including the Alstott fiasco, called wrong even AFTER the replay.

Face it, the refs need help.

sorry but i totally disagree! if you keep the flag in your pocket for that pass interference call you have to keep it there for that bull crap hold. the ball was released simultaneously with the supposed hold and influenced the outcome of the game, when the giants were driving down the field.

that being said you guys deserved to win the game. you played better and made the big plays cuz our corners suck, our linebackers are all hurt, and plax dropped a sure touch down.

i hope we get to play you again this season this way we would be home and it would be for the right to go to the super bowl. go nfc east...the toughest division out there again!

lol, dude, you can't get past that hold can you? it was clearly a hold in the replay as he took our man to the ground. anyway, the giants were holding us all day and it wasn't being called.

I'm not one for age bias but I think the NFL needs to get some fresh blodd out there.I know the NFL is the pinnicle for officals and the ladder system is tough.But I see too many guys over the age of sixty holding up games.

No the refs don't hate the Skins.:eaglesuck

This is what they need to do:

- Add an additional official for each game whos sole responsibility is replay review.

- Take the Coaches challenge out of the equation and have the replay official determine when to review a play and when not to. (Like in college)

- DO NOT let the official on the field make the decision. It is a conflict of interest for him to be expected to reverse a call that HIS OFFICIATING TEAM originally made.

That is what I would do.

Archived