Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

#2 Wr?

GrimReaper21

I think gardner has started to emerge as this teams true #1 receiver. ASF's objevtions have become quieter and quieter. I also think that we don't have a #2 receiver. In a 2 wide receiver set I could see us using Thompson or Green depending on the situation. In a three WR set we could see anyone.

-DB

Obviously Gardner is the number one target. As for the other spots, I think your going to see the team spread the wealth and have 2 or maybe even 3 receivers with 40-60 catches. So the number 2 position in terms of numbers and production could perhaps be shared amongst the likes of Green, Thompson and Doering.

yeah, it's amazing how little impact j green has had at WR. wonder if spurrier is just giving the others a chance to show him something, or if it reflects on green's abilities. he has dropped a ball or two.

i'm betting the teams #2 receiver will be stephen davis. the frequency of the screen and the dump offs in spurrier's game is sure to get davis a lot of catches. but to answer the question, the #2 WR will probably still be green. if not, i'm guessing doering, lockett, or anthony (in that order), not thompson. thompson is ok, and it'd be great to keep him, but i'm not sure he's as good as the back ups thus far have made him look.

SOS rotates WR's and at times uses 5 ala the first series last night. Can't Believe J. green won't be starting. His speed is awesome and looked real good last night. Doering will be # 3. But all will play a lot. If we run 5 WR's gotta wonder if we don't keep 7 on the team and maybe only 2 TE's. With another TE on the practice squad.

Originally posted by Tom [Giants fan]

So what you guys are saying is that I should consider drafting Gardner in my upcoming live fantasy football draft next Sunday?

:shootinth that's an entirely different matter. fantasy football never seems to go the way you expect. it's always some second stringer coming in to replace an injured player that ends up making all the points. but it kinda depends on what your league uses for scoring rules.

ya think gardner will score a lot of TDs? or will he have a lot of yards, and few TDs? or both?

bottom line, if your league weights points for yards more heavily, it's a good idea. if it's a TD thing, it's iffy.

Originally posted by KCgator

SOS rotates WR's and at times uses 5 ala the first series last night. Can't Believe J. green won't be starting. His speed is awesome and looked real good last night. Doering will be # 3. But all will play a lot. If we run 5 WR's gotta wonder if we don't keep 7 on the team and maybe only 2 TE's. With another TE on the practice squad.

good call. sounds good to me. i'm going with that. now someone tell spurrier.

Archived