Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

THE REAL KARMA THREAD: Lavar and Ramsey will get us back.

jerrarde

Before I write what I have to say: Hail to the Redskins!!!! We going to the SUPER BOWL BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eaglesuck :helmet: :logo: :point2sky

I listen to everyone on this site complain/b%&$ and moan even when we win. Everybody (or atleast most of ya'll) wants to see #56 go. He's been a impact on this team since he got here. All of a sudden he goes down with an injury and everybody is ready to get rid of him. I used to want L.A to stay. Now after reading and hearing about how people have turned against him...... WE DONT Deserve to have Arrington on our team. Redskin fans are so ungrateful. I hope he goes to a new team and get away from a organization and city that has turned their back on him.

On the Ramsey subject: Although I feel that Brunell is better and Ramsey in would've led us to a 6-10 season instead of the playoffs.... he was treated unfairly and without a full season. We all know he can play, but hasnt received a fair shot. I am glad he is getting away and able to have a shot somewhere else, because he has been ruined here: From Spurrier leaving him to the wolves and Gibbs broken promises.

Ramsey is the victim of circumstances and poor coaching his first couple of years in th NFL.

Arrington is the victim of his own big mouth and big ego. He could have let the 'missing' bonus issue die quietly and worked on his deal where he is getting almost $16 million in guaranteed money.

But he just had too big of an ego for that. Instead of admitting that he and his agents screwed up, he blamed the Redskins organization and made himself a pariah.

In retrospect, does anyone really think Arrington is worth almost $20 million in bonus money while Marcus Washington is earning $6.5 million? :laugh:

Arrington has been lapped by Washington. Not only is Washington an all-around superior player but he is a far more effective leader because he leads by example.

In the recent WP article, Ryan Clark noted how the players on defense take their cue from Marcus in terms of his work ethic and his leadership on the practice field as well as the game field on Sundays.

Arrington pretended that he was such a leader but that was never confirmed by the type of consistent play on the field and consistent work in the offseason that you see from the best defensive leaders.

Solid points, bulldog. If Arrington would just keep his mouth shut, stop ASSuming stupid theories about not being here and just play football he'd get along fine.

I'm not quite sure why Gibbs can't get through to him. I know Gibbs has pulled him aside more than once. The rest of the team gets "it", why can't he?

Before I write what I have to say: Hail to the Redskins!!!! We going to the SUPER BOWL BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eaglesuck :helmet: :logo: :point2sky

I listen to everyone on this site complain/b%&$ and moan even when we win. Everybody (or atleast most of ya'll) wants to see #56 go. He's been a impact on this team since he got here. All of a sudden he goes down with an injury and everybody is ready to get rid of him. I used to want L.A to stay. Now after reading and hearing about how people have turned against him...... WE DONT Deserve to have Arrington on our team. Redskin fans are so ungrateful. I hope he goes to a new team and get away from a organization and city that has turned their back on him.

On the Ramsey subject: Although I feel that Brunell is better and Ramsey in would've led us to a 6-10 season instead of the playoffs.... he was treated unfairly and without a full season. We all know he can play, but hasnt received a fair shot. I am glad he is getting away and able to have a shot somewhere else, because he has been ruined here: From Spurrier leaving him to the wolves and Gibbs broken promises.

As much as I agree about people %$#@! even when the team is winning I have a big problem with what you write. First off, there are plenty of fans that would like to see LA stay, me included. I just believe he needs to restructure his contract to do it. Second, you talk about Gibbs "broken promises" to Ramsey. What the hell are you talking about? The man lost the job to a better QB, and if he is smart he will stay here and learn the system, learn how to play the game( the right way, not the spurrier way ). Third, and back to your initial comment about fans %$#@! all the time, you just joined them with this post, good job. :doh:

:bucsuck: :point2sky

I love how people say that Joe Gibbs didn't keep his promise. Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge Ramsey fan ... but this is not little league, you don't let someone play just because you want them to have good self esteem.

Joe Gibbs' promise was that Ramsey was the man, and Joe Gibbs' kept that promise by giving Ramsey the entire offseason to see what he could do. Gibbs also went out and got Ramsey the receivers that could take advantage of his arm-strength (Moss and Patten). Ramsey did not take hold of the reigns immediately, and he got outplayed (badly) by Brunell during preseason. Ramsey's first game was no better. Sure he moved the ball, but he also turned the ball over. Unfortunately, he got injured and Brunell came in and did just enough to win. Yes that was Ramsey's last game as starter, and yes it sucked to see him go out like that, I was pissed about it.

But after thinking about everything that happened this offseason, I knew deep down that Ramsey never really put his stamp on the starting QB position, I felt that way the entire preseason, and it came true against the Bears. It sucks to say, and I hope that PR does great somewhere outside of the NFC East. But when you work on a job for 4 years and you make the same mistakes every year, no matter how good you might be in the future, the time to show it is now. So, there is no such thing as a promise in the NFL, there's only taking advantage of your opportunities, which Patrick didn't do.

Arrington indicated in the WT article that he had restructured his deal in the past to help the club but he wasn't going to do that again. For its part the club hasn't held out any olive branches to say they would be willing to sweeten the pot to restructure the deal to obviate the 2006 roster bonus, so I think we are on line for a parting of the ways.

Ramsey wasn't Gibbs guy at QB and so he never got a fair shake. He showed flashes in his career (even last year) of being a solid QB. I wouldn't be surprised to see him make it elsewhere. I wish him the best of luck because we jobbed him.

The Lavar situation doesn't make as much sense to me. I like him and remember him being a star and can't figure out why a great coach like Greg Williams can't make it work with him. His talent is what D coordinators dream about. If he lines up against us, I'll be scared what he will do.

Right or wrong, agree or disagree with the decisions, La Var and Ramsey are gone after this season. I think the skins could have handled both of them better, but just as clearly, especially in La Var's case, the players deserve considerable blame for this situation as well. In Ramsey's case, he could have played better, but yeah, Gibbs probably shouldn't have publically backed him more than he actually felt. The guaranteed starter thing just looked absolutely odd, especially after the draft. In Arrington's case, I don't understand why he didn't fire his agent the day after the contract signing. How this is blamed on the Redskins, even if you take Arrington's perception of things (that the skins changed the paperwork without telling them) I'll never know. Agents are there to read the fine print.

LaVar is right on one thing. The size of the money owed him is a detrement to his relationship with the front office. The contract, as I see it, is designed to invite the player and his representative to the negotiating table. If LaVar truly wants to stay, it is he who has the control to approach the boss with a positive goal in mind. After that, and should negotiations reach a point unsaveable, he should move on. I can assure you, there isn't a franchise out there willing to pay the kind of money LaVar is expecting. So, LaVar should consider a contract in terms of minutes played and stat incentives spread over a long period with protection on guaranteed money due to injury ( again, spread over a period in time) at a figure both parties can live with. LaVar needs to consider his golden years in protecting a comfortable income and health care. We all know that stardom in the NFL is fleeting, unless you are in the HOF. And then, possibly, your hightlight reel may be exploited on ESPN.

LaVar,... don't think of the size of the cash in just one year, think in terms of a large sum over a long period in time. Hail Redskins!

"I am glad he is getting away and able to have a shot somewhere else, because he has been ruined here: From Spurrier leaving him to the wolves and Gibbs broken promises."

Lots of problems here.

LV caused his own issues. If he would just perform and keep his mouth shut, he wouldn't be in this situation.

Ramsey isn't going anywhere.

And he's happy to be learning from a vet.

And I for one, never complain about my team.

I have been a hardcore Redskin fan for 32 years.

Sometimes I'm not happy with the outcome etc, but I NEVER complain.

Gibbs hasn't broken anything but coaching records.

Lastly, AFTER we win the championship (IF we get that far), then you can say We goin' to the Super Bowl baby.

Hail!:point2sky

It is really shocking that there is another lavar thread... Be here or don't be here, I really don't give a &*%&*%%! He is a good player who plays a little undisciplined. That is probably why he is out on third down. As for Ramsey, well he is shell shocked after his first couple of years here. Spurrier let him be the tackling dummy for the nfc east those two years. I think that Lavar should just worry about the games at hand and Ramsey will get his chances elsewhere.

Archived