Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why the Pro Bowl is a joke

TaylorPickSix

As many people have said before, the probowl is nothing but a popularity contest. Letting fans vote is a mistake in my opinion...

Oddly enough, you would think that more fans would vote for portis than they would for dunn considering that portis is a more popular player. It doesn't matter anyway. People don't watch the Pro Bowl, they watch the playoffs.

Yah, I also cant understand why Cooley didnt make it in the FB position. He had such a great season and was a clearly dominate on offense.

I wish Cooley was listed as a TE because he has better stats than Crumpler and about the same as Shockey. He would have made it over Crump for sure.

But since he plays h-back, a position not many understand, they don't know where to put him for the pro bowl, so they just stick him at FB, when most FBs run the ball and primarily block when Cooley is primarily a pass catcher. Mack Strong has had a heck of a season and may be the best pure fullback in the NFL (blocking and such). Mike Sellers is more of a pure fullback than Cooley, because Sellers primarily blocks (and catches touchdowns).

I think they start the pro bowl voting too soon. Portis had a monster December and up until that point, Dunn had more yards and only two less touchdowns. I wish they would start the voting later or at least allow the voting to continue until the end of the season.

Archived