Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Wonder if Coles and Smoot like there new teams

fuji869

Goes to show that losing faith in Gibbs' ability to create continuity and a team atmosphere was pretty stupid. I'm more forgiving of Smoot because he did endure the worst of the crapy years we had with this organisation, but the way he talked about our team after the fact makes me have very little sympathy for him.

I'm just really hoping Lavar takes this season to heart, and really shows the team that he wants to be here playing with these guys. I want him around next season.

Say what you will but we really could use Smoot with our CB injuries.

We might be getting Smoot back next season. He's Minny's nickel corner, but they are paying him starting corner money. Ziggy said he's going to purge the team of the disease that brought that black eye to the Vikings. Smoot and Dante are both part of that. I got a feeling Dante will be cured buy accepting the 1st round draft pick that the Cardinals currently hold and the cure for Smoot may be the waiver wire. It'll be good to get a player back that another team gave the payday.

Say what you will but we really could use Smoot with our CB injuries.

Smoot missed half the season with injuries. In all fairness I do wish we had been able to keep Smoot on our terms.

As for Coles he'll be fine until this time next year when he'll be asking for more money. There's a reason he has left every team he has played for (FSU, Jets, Skins) on bad terms.

I still miss Smoot, but I'm sure he's happy with his money. Coles, however, has something like 46 catches this year. Wonder if he still thinks the 90+ he got last year aren't enough. And maybe he's a little green with envy of Santana's new record.

It still amazes me that we fleece the Jets year in and year out. Can we please steal Abraham from them this off-season?

Ask Trotter.....Sometimes ya should shut yer mouth on yer way out da door....Ya might wanna come back !!! Smoot and Springs would be nice....But something tells me if we can BEG G.Williams to stay he will wip Rodgers into a very solid CB !!!

Smoot and Pierce are still guys I like. The biggest change turned out to be the best, though. We canned our number one and two receivers and all of a sudden our o became not only respectable, but dangerous. Some of that is Brunell and Gibbs' rust, but a lot of that had to be them. Take for example, Gardner was cut midseason? That's pretty rare for a vet receiver. Cole's was really tough as a receiver, but just didn't have it. I don't know if it was the ability to run the right routes or just the ability to get open and break away, but I now think it was more than just the "toe"

I still miss Smoot, but I'm sure he's happy with his money. Coles, however, has something like 46 catches this year. Wonder if he still thinks the 90+ he got last year aren't enough. And maybe he's a little green with envy of Santana's new record.

It still amazes me that we fleece the Jets year in and year out. Can we please steal Abraham from them this off-season?

I liked Smoot. Coles couldn't do anything after the catch. He's basically getting the same throws Santana got last season. Sanatan can make something out of nothing.

Archived