Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who covered Galloway in the first game?

cjcdaman

I don't remember, but I think it was Springs. You know...I'm so excited that we won the Eagles game, but somehow I knew we were going to come out of that game banged up. I will say this though...if our front four keeps playing like they are, Galloway may not be such of a threat. I am worried though...Your thoughts?

We've got to come out clicking on offense from the get go. If we can get up on Tampa the pressure will mount on Simms and it will be difficult for Tampa to stick to their game plan. These two teams are so close that getting a lead will be a big thing early on. On the road, we don't want to get in a hole early. The playoffs is where Gibbs experience and ability to adjust should be an advantage for us.

Hurry and pressure the QB. That needs to be tops on the game plan if the Skins are to stop the passing game in TB. The D-Line needs to step up!!! SACK, HURRY, PRESSURE simms. Keep their hands up and knock down/deflects some passes. If they play with intensity like they did against Dallas we can stop them. :helmet:

The Redskins have no one to cover Galloway. If Philly doesn't turn the ball over 6 times where would the Redskins be? Good luck getting a hit on Galloway. Bucs will dominate and embarrass the Redskins. Go Bucs !!!

We were rotating coverage on Galloway the previous game.. @ times Harris was covering, @ times Springs was covering...The issue was Galloway was beating the Skins over the top. a la Sean Taylor not being in the mix shall resolve this issue as well take care of slant routes.. I really expect Lavar to have a HUGE impact on the Tampa Bay passing game as well by blitzing. I really vision Lavar picking a couple off though using his speed & new focus now that we are in the playoffs. It might invigorate that beast inside of him.

look, all I got to say about this bucs team is they almost got beat by the abysmal NO Saints in their own stadium in a game they needed to win the division... that is all that needs to be said,

if we can't do better than the saints and complete a victory over this bunch of florida pansys then we don't deserve to be here.

Springs will get some much needed rest this week and I think he will play, along with Brunell who seemed to be looking better as the game wore on(not what you would expect from an injured player).

Moss will have another big game, Jacobs will show his face, Portis will continue to run all over the bucs like he did earlier this year and our D will obliterate Chris Simms. Hopefully the refs won't screw up the game like they did before, considering this is a playoff game and only the best crews are chosen

Galloway once had Lemar Marshall covering him.

He caught most of his passes across the middle on breakdowns in our zone coverage. He is not going to be catching anything across the middle with Sean Taylor sitting back there.

We didn't have a lot of game tape on Chris Simms back then. Now, not only do we have more tape, but we have tape of them against our own team. Gregg Williams is not going to let the same guy burn us twice, be it Tiki Barber, Terry Glenn or Joey Galloway.

Galloway and Simms tore us up in the first game cuz that was the game Sean Taylor didn't play in. So play after play they would sail it over the middle downfield. Hopefully, Sean won't let Galloway and Simms have a field day on us come Saturday.

Galloway is very tough to shut down. He is really the only legitimate receiving threat the Bucs have. Yet nobody seems to be able to stop him without sacrificing their defensive scheme to do it. The games where he was shut down, the Bucs won easily because they were able to run or worked it to the other guys since Galloway was double and triple covered.

look, all I got to say about this bucs team is they almost got beat by the abysmal NO Saints in their own stadium in a game they needed to win the division... that is all that needs to be said,

if we can't do better than the saints and complete a victory over this bunch of florida pansys then we don't deserve to be here.

Springs will get some much needed rest this week and I think he will play, along with Brunell who seemed to be looking better as the game wore on(not what you would expect from an injured player).

Moss will have another big game, Jacobs will show his face, Portis will continue to run all over the bucs like he did earlier this year and our D will obliterate Chris Simms. Hopefully the refs won't screw up the game like they did before, considering this is a playoff game and only the best crews are chosen

I agree. I dont think we will let this game come down to the refs.(It will be a convincing win by the skins). I'm looking for Chris cooley to come out on fire. He was shut down against philly and very pissed about it. The last time he was that pissed off was against the cardinals. His next game was against the pukes. I feel better about going to tampa than I felt about going to philly.

Archived