Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Where was Taylor Jacobs??

BSurina

Well it was clear Thrash can't get separation off the line, so it was my hope Jacobs would step up. It's a shame. If A. Brown could omly catch. So, it looks like we will continue to use at least one play to draw coverage off the second receiver like we did yesterday, but that's all we got for 2nd recevier threat.

I didn't see Jacobs on the field either, but I did see a player on the field wearing a jersey with the last name "Houdini" on it.

it would be great if he would "escape" out of his friggin' CONTRACT! Biggest bust ever... worse than the dreaded Heath-a-nator....

I don't think the guy is even good enough to play in NFL Europe or the CFL.

But Springs says, and I quote "He is the most talented WR on the team" :doh:

....uhhh... Shawn, walk to the other side of the field, just look for the number 89 and cover him!

But Springs says, and I quote "He is the most talented WR on the team" :doh:

....uhhh... Shawn, walk to the other side of the field, just look for the number 89 and cover him!

It would be nice if we kept Darnerian. He would make a solid #2. The Skins should have kidnapped him from the Iggles last night.

If the QB doesn't have enough confidence in the WR to even throw to him then Skins need to replace Jacobs. I don't fault Thrash for not being able to get separation - - he's coming back from a hamstring injury. That injury can impede performance for a long time. Too bad Patten didn't do much either. I don't want Skins to use #2round pick on a WR considering substantial needs for depth on OL and DL.

I think the problem with Jacobs is two-fold.

First... he got injured in preseason at the absolute worst time.... when Brunell could have developed a repoire with him and see enough of him to trust where he's going to be on the field.

Secondly, and someone can help me here pull up quotes from Spurrier, but I think Jacobs has a self confidence problem. I think he's kind of fragile mentally and needs to be talked up and encouraged in order for him to perform. Did we not read somewhere after he was drafted that Spurrier had to keep telling him he could play at the college level... and that it took awhile before Jacobs began to feel he belonged on the Gator team?

This guy, if he's going to stick with the Redskins, is going to need an offseason emersed in the offensive game planning and then a COMPLETE Training camp with no injuries in order for the quarterback to feel comfortable feeding him the ball. As it stands right now, Brunell most often looks for Moss... who's capable of taking any pass to the house.... or Cooley... who is always able to move the chains..... or the releasing TE or RB LONG before he looks at the 2nd "true" RECEIVER option. That's a trust issue... the quarterback believing he has only the time to look for Moss.. then Cooley...than the dumpoff because he's not sure the 2nd RECEIVER option is going to be where he's supposed to be.

Anyone know who's going to be available via free agency for wide receivers? I agree that we don't want to use a draft pick on one, but I would love to pick up a big, solid possesion type WR with at least decent speed so that we'd have a solid #2 guy. Patten was the #3 at NE and in my mind this is probably where he fits bests. Thrash is a very good #4 and possibly a serviceable #3.

As for Jacobs, he appears to have the physical traits but is just not prepared mentally. Maybe at some point in his career he'll fix this, but I don't see waiting around.

Archived