Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I like our chances against the Bucs & hopefully the Bears

inmate running the asylum

Even though we are playing on the road, I like our chances against the Bucs (because Chris Sims is relatively inexperienced) and if we win, against the Bears for the same reason. I like our chances against the Bears and the inexperienced Rex Grossman. If we can shut down their running games and force either of these inexperienced QB's into making mistakes, I think we have a good chance of winning both games. I think we match up well with both of these teams.

I would rather be playing the Bucs and Bears, then either the Panthers or the Giants. Fortunately one of these teams will knock off the other.

If we get that far, I also would prefer to see us play in Seattle, rather than in New York against the Giants. Tiki and the Giants are dangerous.

The Redskins have generally always given the Seahawks trouble, even when they had a superior team (I think we are 9-4 against them all-time). :D

i totally agree iwth you...but im worried about tampa first before anyone else. without springs im concerned, we need someone to stop galloway. we really need rogers back, and now with jimoh gone, that leaves morton and patterson as our 3rd and 4th CBs. our secondary is beat up, so the d-line has really gotta step it up

Even though we are playing on the road, I like our chances against the Bucs (because Chris Sims is relatively inexperienced) and if we win, against the Bears for the same reason. I like our chances against the Bears and the inexperienced Rex Grossman. If we can shut down their running games and force either of these inexperienced QB's into making mistakes, I think we have a good chance of winning both games. I think we match up well with both of these teams.

I would rather be playing the Bucs and Bears, then either the Panthers or the Giants. Fortunately one of these teams will knock off the other.

If we get that far, I also would prefer to see us play in Seattle, rather than in New York against the Giants. Tiki and the Giants are dangerous.

The Redskins have generally always given the Seahawks trouble, even when they had a superior team (I think we are 9-4 against them all-time). :D

Its all about being healthy. If our D-line remains healthy and we get a good play out of our banged up secondary we will win in Tampa. Then we play the Hawks. We must have Rogers in that game because we will need ST to help against Alexander. All in all we are the most dangerous team in the NFC playoffs. No team has been playing as good as us with the possible exeption of the Hawks but they had a vanila schedule so.

We cant play the bears unless its in the NFC Championship game. If we win, we go to Seattle. I like our chances against them just as much... actually if we get over the hump here on the Bucs, there's only one team left that we havent beaten!

All you guys keeps saying we are playing Seattle if we beat the Bucs. But if we beat the Bucs, we are playing in Chicago first, according to this playoff chart.

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/playoffrace/bracket

That chart is not correct, lowest remaining seed will play the number one seed. If we win we'll be the lowest seed left. I think the chart is just showing it as if the 3 and 4 seeds win their wild card games.

All you guys keeps saying we are playing Seattle if we beat the Bucs. But if we beat the Bucs, we are playing in Chicago first, according to this playoff chart.

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/playoffrace/bracket

Read the fine print below. It says:

The NFL playoffs are not based on a pure bracket system. In the divisional playoffs, the No. 1 seed is assured of playing the lowest-seeded Wild Card survivor. There are no restrictions on intra-division games and the higher seed of any matchup will have home-field advantage.

If the Redskins win next week, they'll fly to Seattle.

I thought it was purposely set up so that the weakest team (6th seed) would play the strongest team (1st seed) early in the tournament, so as not to have a lopsided championship game. Did the rules change?

No the chart is correct. It's just set up that way initially because it assumes the #3 seed will win therefore they would have to play #2. Because #1 plays the lowest seed they are initially set up with #4 or #5 obviously because they are lower than #3. If the #6 wins, we will go to Seattle because we are the lowest seed.

No the chart is correct. It's just set up that way initially because it assumes the #3 seed will win therefore they would have to play #2. Because #1 plays the lowest seed they are initially set up with #4 or #5 obviously because they are lower than #3. If the #6 wins, we will go to Seattle because we are the lowest seed.

O.k. then, we beat the Seahawks whom we are 9-4 against first, before the Bears. :D And let the Bears, Panthers and Giants knock each other off. :laugh:

Archived