Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

New to the boards:

mistymjohnson

Well, it is rather a long story actually, but I will give you the abridged version. I grew up in Texas (mostly bars) with my mother and step-father(s). By the time my real father was made privy to such information... It was too late, because he was dying a horrible death of cancer. Once he passed, and my mother was on her *stops to think* fifth husband (sixth marriage)... I was sent to Iowa to live on a hog farm! Three months of that smell, and I was ready to try my hand in New York with my eldest sister. At the age of 16, I got a job working at Vernon Downs as an unofficial horse trainer, and lived in a seedy motel. I tried going to school full-time too, but that didn't work out too well. So, I got my GED, moved to Utica, and found a job that would cover any living expenses I would incur.

Now, I am a proud mother of a five-year-old little boy, I have a great job, and I am happier than I have ever been! *smiles* So... that is how I ended up in Utica (to make a long story short).

lol... Wishing you hadn't asked now? ;)

:helmet:-Misty-:helmet:

Nice...

Well, from one Upstate NYer to another, welcome to paradise.

Thanks MissU28! From reading through some of your previous posts... *chuckles* I can see you and I will have a lot of fun on this board!!! Unfortunately, it is going to have to be on another night though. I have to be up early in the a.m. (Sucks getting old!)

katomak: No, I am not in school up here. And concerning you being a SU fan... *sighs* I suppose I can deal with that considering you are a Skins fan - You must not be all THAT bad! But when it comes to college... I have stay faithful to my MAIZE AND BLUE

OMG! I am never going to get out of here! LOL

according to webster-

wan·ton:

1 a archaic : hard to control : UNDISCIPLINED, UNRULY b : playfully mean or cruel : MISCHIEVOUS

2 a : LEWD, BAWDY b : causing sexual excitement : LUSTFUL, SENSUAL

Until next time - Good Lord willing

:helmet:~Misty~:helmet:

I suppose we can co-exist! ;)

So you explained how you wound up in NY, but what about how you became a Skins fan? :)

Okay... This thread got WAY too serious (sorry - my fault). So, I will take the initiative to change the topic a bit...

The rivalry between Washington and Dallas was huger than huge when I was a child (mid 80's). However, that contention died down quite a bit over the years... For those of you who have been around a little longer (or just know about things a little before my time)... Would you be willing to shed some light on how, why, and when this began?

:helmet:Misty:helmet:

So you explained how you wound up in NY, but what about how you became a Skins fan? :)

*smirks* Growing up with all of those drunken cowboy baboons... I had to have something that I could call my own. Plus, my being a Redskin fan was the only thing that REALLY bothered them! :) It angered them that I would no longer wear the cute little Dallas cheerleading uniform (or jerseys depending on the season)... But now I would find burgandy clothes to put on before going to watch the games (I guess you could have called me rebellious back then). My parents refused to take me sometimes because they were so embarassed. *shrugs* It was fine with me either way. I didn't want to watch Dallas play anyway... Unless they were playing the Redskins. I vividly remember the day in 1988 when Washington won the superbowl. It was like Christmas all over again!!! Imagine the disgust when all those big galoots at the local bars had to pay up in candy, earrings, money for the jukebox and pinball... *sighs* Now, THAT was a good year for me. (I was seven - almost eight)

There was another bet won that year which has me forever bonded to Washington (I won't post it - you have to ask in private), but it no longer matters to me if they win or lose (well... I do oh so love it when my boys win)... But the Washington Redskins were my saving grace that year, and I am forever indebted to those men who played their hearts out that season!

~I LOVE YOU, WASHINGTON~

:wave:

Archived