Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll: Worst Redskins Comment Made By the Media?

a_good_brotha

1. Criticizing the Coles For Moss Trade
  2. Questioning Joe Gibbs' Decision to Bench Ramsey in Favor of Brunell
  3. Saying the Game Has Passed Joe Gibbs By
  4. Writing the Redskins Off After Falling to 5-6

The media has said some dumb things about the Redskins. I'm curious to know what the rest of you think was the dumbest thing they said besides the obvious: Redskins finishing 4-12 and last in the NFC East. My vote goes to them saying the game has passed Joe Gibbs by

I could have sworn it was Don Banks, but someone said after the Chiefs game that the Redskins would beat the 49ers, "making them 4-2"...but after playing the Giants and Eagles the Skins would be 4-4 "and will never be above .500 again for the rest of the season"...

That one gets my vote.

it has to be the 4-12 prediction by SI. 4-12???

the Redskins were 6-10 last year where seemingly nothing went right for much of the season and the team was supposed to be that much WORSE in 2005? :laugh:

at the same time the 6-10 Cowboys and Giants were picked to be much better than in 2004, despite having a lot of the same problems the Skins had.

i think terrel davis on total access saying, "uhh yeah, id have to say at 3-0 the redskins are pretenders. they got lucky in dallas, bears? and then who, the seahawks? (haha) there is no strenght of schedule. if i had to say based on whats going on right now the redskins will be lucky if they finish 7-9, and they will NOT make the playoffs" and rich eisen says, "even after a 3-0 start?", and davis says, "even after a 3-0 start, they're pretenders" quote terrel davis on NFL Network:laugh:

it has to be the 4-12 prediction by SI. 4-12???

the Redskins were 6-10 last year where seemingly nothing went right for much of the season and the team was supposed to be that much WORSE in 2005? :laugh:

Bingo.

The Skins had everything going against them last year and were still 6-10 with Brunell setting records for passing ineptitude and a somewhat injured line and Lavar out.

There is no way they would be worse than 6-10 this year especially since at the beginning of the year the schedule looked pretty soft. Chicago, NY, TB, and some other teams turned out to be better than expected though and the schedule was actually tough.

Archived