Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A classic victory

Bad Man Burgendy & Gold

No doubt in my mind, any of the Redskins teams of the past 10 years including the one that made the playoffs in 1999 would lose that game, especially with our cb getting injuried, and Portis looking hurt. Some people complain that it wasn't a pretty game for the Skins, and I honestly say who cares. This winning streak might have spoiled us, not every game can be a Dallas style beatdown, and this game told me more than even any other game in the five game winning streak because although the opponent wasn't the best, for the first time we were in hostile territory (i can't call any game at St. Louis or Arizona hostile territory) and the injuries had begun to pile up. At this point the skins had two options, hide with our heads beneath our tails like so many teams in the past, or lick your wounds and come out slugging, which is exactly what this team did today under Gibbs. Was it a textbook victory, absolutely not, but this was a Philly team that simply was gonna offer no free lunch, and although we got blooded early we eventually stuck around along enough to knock them out, what a beautiful thing!!!

Agree completely - I predicted this would be the toughest of the divisional games and it definately was. Injuries and home field are big factors and Eagles, well they might be the worst in the NFC East but that still makes them good enough to be second or third in any other NFC division, they are warriors and played hard as expected.

The blowout predictions were p*ssing me off b/c for one thing, never predict a blowout, and for another, it was undermining the accomplishment of 5 in a row and other psychological barriers....

Fitting the final regular season victory was a come-from-behind in hostile waters.. it definately was more impressive than a blowout at home

My first trip to the linc. They got a nice crib there...and you really do not understand the impact of home field advantage until you experience it in some one elses stadium. Our fans represented, and the team gutted it out. Huge plays from the D were the key....TB will be rough, but doable. Just worried about the corners...

:cheers:

Fear not...we will beat the Bucs...HTTR!!! :point2sky

You know it.

I don't know why but I'm much less worried about the Bucs than the Eagles. Hell, even the Rams game worried me more than this next one.

I wonder if thats a bad sign?

But Gibbs has never lost a wildcard game.

And we owe the Bucs for the BS in the last game.

Archived