Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN: Clayton: Silencing the Critics

JCav06

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&id=2277488

PHILADELPHIA -- Critics were wrong. The game hasn't passed Joe Gibbs by.

Gibbs made the Pro Football Hall of Fame because he's smart, organized and players love him. And with the game, season and playoffs all on the line against the Eagles Sunday afternoon, Gibbs heeded the advice of a star player.

"Guts and power," Washington running back Clinton Portis shouted early in the fourth quarter. "You want to win the game, don't you?"

10. When posting anything concerning news articles from outside sources, please include a direct link (i.e., URL) to the origination page/site.

Please paste the URL directly atop the post, above a small portion of the article's text (for example, the lead paragraph or a particular sentence or two) . Such a practice provides credibility and attribution to the source of the information, and allows visitors the option to visit the respective websites. You are responsible for the content you post.

If you are posting a published article from a news source, please title your thread in the following format: "SOURCE SHORTFORM: HEADLINE" (Ex. WP: Redskins Sign CB Shawn Springs). Please see our

'>copyright statement.

Marshall is hurt? I didn't hear that one :(

If we can get Rogers back on the field the loss of Springs will be mitigated to some degree.

I don't like the idea of Walt Harris and Christian Morton running out of the tunnel next Saturday as the starting tandem.

If we can get Rogers back on the field the loss of Springs will be mitigated to some degree.

I don't like the idea of Walt Harris and Christian Morton running out of the tunnel next Saturday as the starting tandem.

He was hurt on Taylor touchdown, but the Larry said that he walked off on his own. Hope he's okay as well as Ade Jimoh.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&id=2277488

PHILADELPHIA -- Critics were wrong. The game hasn't passed Joe Gibbs by.

Gibbs made the Pro Football Hall of Fame because he's smart, organized and players love him. And with the game, season and playoffs all on the line against the Eagles Sunday afternoon, Gibbs heeded the advice of a star player.

"Guts and power," Washington running back Clinton Portis shouted early in the fourth quarter. "You want to win the game, don't you?"

10. When posting anything concerning news articles from outside sources, please include a direct link (i.e., URL) to the origination page/site.

Please paste the URL directly atop the post, above a small portion of the article's text (for example, the lead paragraph or a particular sentence or two) . Such a practice provides credibility and attribution to the source of the information, and allows visitors the option to visit the respective websites. You are responsible for the content you post.

If you are posting a published article from a news source, please title your thread in the following format: "SOURCE SHORTFORM: HEADLINE" (Ex. WP: Redskins Sign CB Shawn Springs). Please see our

'>copyright statement.

whoopsie. my mistake.

Wait a minute. Am I dreaming? I see an ESPN article saying the critics were wrong about something related to the Redskins. And now on Sportscenter, the game highlights is the first thing being shown.

to be honest...clayton has always had a pretty good grasp of our team. He's been the only espn analyst to give us a fair assessment the whole year, not just starting now..

yea, just that thought makes me run for nerve pills :doh:

Archived