Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Troy Aikman

JuiceMan_74

Yeah, i agree. He's clearly the best in the business right now. I love how he responded to Joe Buck's prodding about Brett Favre. To paraphrase (liberally), Aikman was like, "who the f&$* cares; we're watching a game right here with playoff implications; let's focus on Skins-Eagles"

Anyone hear his comments after the personal foul against Joe Salave'a???

Those were some of the funniest, most matter-of-fact statements I've heard from an announcer in my entire life. I was literally rolling on my couch laughing.

I wish I had a sound clip of that.

But yes, TA is a great announcer, with a great understanding of the game of football.

Wow, it's funny how Redskins fans seems to love Troy Aikman so much as a commentator. Every time he does a Skins game, a thread appears on how good he is.

BTW, does anyone else think Baldinger is a terrible broadcaster? Every time he's on, I am tempted to press mute.

Wow, it's funny how Redskins fans seems to love Troy Aikman so much as a commentator. Every time he does a Skins game, a thread appears on how good he is.

Cos, for a cowboy (and hated cowboy) he has remained a professional in his new broadcasting endeavor. If you didn't know that he once played for a hated rival, you can never tell... Dude, is a consumate Pro.

Troy Aikman is a football player with knowledge of how the game should be played, He doesn't pretend to be anything more. He's not like Salisbury or Irving who are "trying" to be broadcast journalists. Aikman doesn't care about going with the popular picks or the current trends, he tells it like it is. If the Texans had a bright spot on their team, Aikman would voice it, if the Colts had a glaring weakness he would voice it.

There is in my opinion no one better at what he does then Aikman

Troy does a good job but I think Joe Buck makes it easy for him. :laugh:

Actually, while I'm not a big fan of Joe Buck covering football (he does a MUCH better job with baseball), he does do a good job of setting up his color guys for commentary. He asks them fairly intelligent questions and pauses at just the right time to give them a chance to speak. Aikman actually credits Buck with helping him to become the top color man in the business.

Cos, for a cowboy (and hated cowboy) he has remained a professional in his new broadcasting endeavor. If you didn't know that he once played for a hated rival, you can never tell... Dude, is a consumate Pro.

I agree with this post. When I listen to him on the other games, I am amazed how I don't hate the guy any more. He is usually pretty fair to the Skins. That's got to be hard for a Cowboy.

Despite my early worries, Troy has proven to be an excellent broadcaster. I was really confused as to why fox would put him in the position of announcing a Cowboys-Redskins game. He responded by being less biased than his partner who does it for a living. I absolutely love the comment on Bret Farve; he had nothing to do with the game at hand. Honest to god I can't stand Joe Buck, congrats your dad was a wonderful guy but you suck. All of my respect for him was lost this summer during the MLB All Star game when he did a paid advertisement, but attempted to deceive the public into thinking he was just talking about a sign in the crowd. It was disgusting...

He is the most unbiased announcer out there. He is a class act. I cannot stand that ass Joe F*ck though. He was so down on the Skins until they started to win. Making comments about Brunnel's age etc. It was like Troy had to convince him that we are a decent team.

Yeah, **** Joe.

Archived