Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Pressure Game. How will they respond.

stevenaa

This is such a huge game. I'm curious to see if they come out tight. Hopefully they'll be loose. How do you think they will respond? Gibbs teams usually handle this type of game without a problem, but this is a young team and this is new to them.

the key to this game is the defense. the Eagles offense is weakened by the loss of many regular starters and the Redskins front must be able to shut this team down in the running game and pressure an average qb.

turnovers should result from the matchup on this side of the ball.

on offense, I think the Skins should be in position to take advantage of Eagles mistakes to control the clock and key field position.

I have no doubt the Eagles are going to come out with emotion and run around for the first 15 minutes in the first quarter.

The key will be to take that on and then wear this team down with superior talent and an edge at the skill positions on both sides of the ball.

The Eagles will be hard to run on in the early going, but the key as with the Giants game is to stick with Portis. In the second half he will start to break some longer runs and the Eagles front will tire just as Dallas and the Giants did.

James Thrash needs to step up and have a solid game today. We really need a legitimate #2 threat heading into the playoffs (assuming we win) and playing against his old team he should have the requisite motivation :)

Archived