Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WR David Patten's availability???

Tazhog

Ya hes on the IR, and I'm glad, I think we are a better team w/o him.

Errr. What? We're playing better now, but Patten actually got some catches and yards for us, unlike anyone else we've had lineup across from Moss.

Errr. What? We're playing better now, but Patten actually got some catches and yards for us, unlike anyone else we've had lineup across from Moss.

I was checking out footballoutsiders.com, and they have Patten ranked at the absolute bottom of the pack for any WR who has had at least 48 passes thrown in his direction.

Check it out.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/wr.php

Patten also dropped balls that he should have caught, that ended drives.

I'm not blaming any losses on him or specifically trying to support the claim that we're better without him, but I remember more than one play that Brunell made a good play with his feet, Patten made a good route adjustment, the ball was there for a first, and Patten inexplicably dropped it.

Without him, and with Royal having one good game but largely out of the mix since, we haven't had nearly as many drops.

I was checking out footballoutsiders.com, and they have Patten ranked at the absolute bottom of the pack for any WR who has had at least 48 passes thrown in his direction.

Check it out.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/wr.php

I didn't say he was an outstanding number two. But I did say he's better than anyone else we've had lineup there. I think if we secure a good #2 WR next year and allow Patten to move into the slot we will be ALOT more dangerous.

man Patt was a solid receiver for us.. Its a shame we did not get to view his talents @ this time of the season.. See you all are downplaying his playoff/postseason/superbowl experiences that would have been crucial @ this part of the season.. This is why Gibbs brought him in.. not jus based on talent or athleticism but because of his experience coming from a grade A franchise in New England.. he got us some key first downs during the early part of the season, great speed, and tough. He was injured b4 he got a chance to really hit his stride which would be evident now... Because when vets get a taste of post-season they just come to play

I didn't say he was an outstanding number two. But I did say he's better than anyone else we've had lineup there. I think if we secure a good #2 WR next year and allow Patten to move into the slot we will be ALOT more dangerous.

Perhaps. Don't discount the utility of Thrash as a superior downfield blocker. He is clearly better than both Jacobs and Patten in this role, and given that Gibbs' current design relies on hefty YAC, having Thrash on the field improves the odds of success on dumpoffs to Moss and Cooley.

Archived