Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

do we really need a 2nd WR?

Atown

I think so too.....we'll see next year however we will be picking up several WR's......last years official:

ALL PROVEN 3rd string WR's report to D.C.

didn't work out the way we planned.......

cause i was looking at pattens videos from new england he was "da man" he can work out for us too

David patten is a stud at the #3 spot. He is salvageable at the #2, but not ideal. I'm one of the few individuals that defended the man all season long, and I love having him on the team, but he's only dominant against a nickel back. Let's face the facts - we need another playmaker at receiver. Just imagine if we had one more weapon on offense. It could be portis, moss, cooley OR portis, moss, cooley & X. Add one more variable into that equation and it becomes exponentially more difficult to stop us. Thats all there is to it.

patten can get it done...and our offense has gotten it done 4 straight w/o him.

with him in our offense would be more explosive, which is hard for me to imagine seeing as we've played pretty damn good ball these past two games.

our team looks good right now. i think we need a receiver or two from the draft, o and d linemen, maybe linebackers and tightends who will mainly learn from the guys who are doing it now.i think cooley is successful because other teams have not taken him seriously. when they do, he better proove he is good or we better have a good tight-end! face it if not for key injuries, i think the skins are the most complete team in the league. no star players but a freaking good team.:gaintsuck

sinorice:D

Does anyone here have an actual quote from moss saying he does want him here?.....

No. He actually said he doesn't want him here. He said he doesn't want Sinorice to be known as "Santana's little brother." He wants him to go somewhere else and have his own career.

I, on the other hand, would love to see Moss & Moss. They'd be the fastest pair of receivers ever on the field at the same time.

Yes, we definitly need a 2nd wideout. Remember what happened in the middle of the season when David Patten went down. All teams started rolling coverage over to Moss and he was quiet until the Dallas game and although he didn't get 100 yards in the Dallas game he had an impact. In the Giant game he exploded.

Gibbs will look to add a vet possesion guy through free agency, and move Patten to the #3 spot where he's much more dangerous. Moulds and Jurevicious(sp) are 2 guys that would be good fits IMO, but I don't know if we'll be able to afford them.

Brunell only looks at one side of the field, so breaking the bank for a stud #2 may not be the wisest use of the cap. Anyone notice how good Patten looked with Ramsey (whereas Ramsey usually missed Moss), but disappeared as soon as Brunell took over. We do need a legit #2 to keep defenses honest - look at how defenses swamped Moss when it was Jacobs or Farris on the other side as opposed to Patten or even Thrash.

Archived